EastBayDuckDad

War Eagle Nixes Nix

https%3A%2F%2Fflywareagle.com%2Fwp-conte
FLYWAREAGLE.COM

We've now gotten to see the Auburn football side of the 'trade' with the Oregon Ducks--that...

Interesting short read on the Auburn perspective of Nix to Oregon and James/Ashford/Jones to Auburn. Some sour grapes there as they are perpetuating the Nix as 2nd string myth.

• Thanks 1

I’m happy for Robby Ashford, as he would NOT have been a contender to start in the fall at Oregon as he is at Auburn.

• Thumbs Up 5

Mr. FishDuck

Also happy about Ashford getting a shot.  And James will take someone's job as long as they keep air soft guns out of his hands. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

All of the players got the best end of the "trade", new surroundings and a fresh start.  

Now it is up to them to make the most of it.

P.S. We freed up +2 on scholarships.  With Lanning's Duck history, this may be the biggest upside.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

And the guy 'suspected' to start at QB for Auburn sans Nix is now in the portal.

the 2 most delusional fan bases in the USA? Auburn and Texas.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope Robby's dreams come true. I always loved the young man and his potential!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/10/2022 at 8:36 PM, Haywarduck said:

I hope Robby's dreams come true. I always loved the young man and his potential!

AMEN! But if it happens why was the guy, an athlete like Dixon, not given a shot?

In last season's spring game I thought he showed as much promise as did any QB.

Cannot wait until this season and leaving Mario's shut down O behind. I respect those who believe Mario showed big time recruits could come to Oregon but what difference did that make when playing slo-mo ball? A recruiting genius and a coaching chump who never, IMO,  progressed as an HC as many on OBD believed.

Oregon will never have the roster strength of a Bama or an UGA but Oregon can out scheme, play fast on O and beat teams with better rosters.

THIS is what is the Ducks brand. THIS is what has to happen to for Oregon to ascend.

Sorry, but Oregon is not ever going to out-recruit a number of teams down south.

• Thumbs Up 4

It will be fascinating to see the stallions turned loose by the new staff. I will never understand why Dontae wasn't played more last year. We now are hearing there was talk about replacing AB with Ty, but they decided against this too.

The repeated run up the gut was just a sign of the decision making process going on over and over. Onward and forward. Grateful for the recruits we have on the team, and for a staff looking to put them in space for explosive plays!

One note Pittman, right now, is a back-up on a 5-7 team. On a team where 5 transfers are projected to be starters. I'm not sure what the metric was for choosing the starters.