Charles Fischer

Miami Ranked 22nd by ESPN? Right!

Projected at 8.5 wins?

https%3A%2F%2Fcaneswarning.com%2Fwp-cont
CANESWARNING.COM

The Miami Hurricanes are ranked 22nd in the 2022 ESPN Football Power Index that was recently posted. ESPN projects Miami to have 8.5 wins and 3.8 losses. ...

Mario Doesn't Know

What He's Playing With...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

This should make AnM happy getting an early season top 25 win.

On 4/17/2022 at 11:05 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

This should make AnM happy getting an early season top 25 win.

The ESPN's FPI? Usually does fine with the top 6. But his season? Hard to quibble with Bama, OH ST, UGA and Clemson in the top 4. But Notre Dame at 5, when it has to open at 2 Ohio State and also plays 4 Clemson? 

And Texas at 6! UT plays Bama OOC and was not bowl eligible in 2021. How about Auburn, another team with a losing record in 2021 and with players leaving left and right, at 10? 

I think Bill Connolly's SP+ metric, also up on ESPN, is a far more reliable forecaster than is the FPI. SP+ has A+M at 6, Wisconsin at 10. Auburn is 25 and Texas is not in the top 25. It does have Miami ranked at 20; BYU at 23. Oregon at 32! (BXXXXXD!)

FPI has the Ducks at 23 and BYU is not in the top 25? The computers guesses are only as good as the algorithms being used by human beings.

Human being and ESPN guy Mark Schalbach, has Oregon 12. Texas and Auburn are not top 25 preseason ranked.

As of April, 2022, this is, of course, all complete guess work. No guru forced to make future bets modeled on the rankings so no-harm, no-foul for any of these dart throwers.

The best preseason indicator IMO? The Roster Rankings after fall practice and prior to season kickoff on 9/1.

Last season's Roster Rankings had Bama at #1, with Georgia being close to being T1. Ducks roster ranking was 12.

If you review most of these rating mags at season end (except for the top 3-4) their accuracy is akin to throwing darts from 100 feet. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm just afraid that Miami fans are dreaming that their new Coach is going to have them back in Jimmy Johnson-Dennis Erickson times this season. This is going to be interesting. 

On 4/17/2022 at 11:20 AM, 30Duck said:

I'm just afraid that Miami fans are dreaming that their new Coach is going to have them back in Jimmy Johnson-Dennis Erickson times this season.

Oh, that is what I'm hoping for, as the disappointment is going to sting that much more--especially since we warned them!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/17/2022 at 2:57 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Oh, that is what I'm hoping for, as the disappointment is going to sting that much more--especially since we warned them!

'WE?' As I recall, you were the guy with the sack to question Mario on a 'public' site and took a whole lot of unjustified grief for doing so?

On 4/17/2022 at 12:32 PM, Jon Joseph said:

WE?' As I recall, you were the guy with the sack to question Mario on a 'public' site and took a whole lot of unjustified grief for doing so?

Thank you for that, as yes....everyone was outraged that I had the gall to question Cristobal in his first month on the job.  When I stated, "this offense will not take us to the promised land," the hatred was pretty vile toward me, simply because I was a minority opinion and disagreed with them.

In the San Jose State game of the first month of his first football season (2018) I noted how a slanting defensive tackle was catching us in the backfield repeatedly. Mari (He is Mari because he doesn't know what to do with the "O") had one of the best offensive lineman at Oregon ever in Calvin Throckmorton try to do a seal block in an impossible scenario. So if they are going to slant on the defensive line--will you adjust?

He did not/would not and that was one of my many subtle clues back then.

I know I've brought it up often, but just last August...the article below brought about over 300 posts on 247, and 97 of them would have been deleted here because....they were not "polite and respectful."  And that was just last August!

Rob-Mullens-at-MC-Intro-Press-Conference
FISHDUCK.COM

ve often wondered what Athletic Director Rob Mullens was expecting of Oregon's offense when he announced Mario Cristobal as head football coach in his news...

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

No East, Mid or South Coast bias. Never! I know the PAC except for us and Utes probably shouldn't be highly thought of recently but the reason has never been a bias.