mrspenney

It's Amazing How Pleasant it is to Read Posts and Articles on This Site!

Posters are not being insulted as they are on some of the other sites.  It really surprises me that the moderators on these other sites do absolutely nothing to discourage this type of behavior.  The NIL issue is generating a lot of posts, and seemingly anyone (usually an older posters) who thinks this is a dangerous trend is immediately jumped and insulted primarily by posters that don't and haven't donated a darn dime to the DAF.  

The Ducks are very fortunate to have a few donors who are footing a significant amount of the NIL monies.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 2

The title of your post makes all the hours I put in--worth it.  In the end, I just want a safe place to go to post my thoughts without someone jumping down my throat.  Disagreement is great, and I love how we all just post our opinions--and that is it.

We have discussed the NIL/Portal/Commissioner-Conference Mistakes here to the point of exhaustion in the recent past, and my attitude is, "nothing is going to change things at Oregon for at least three years, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can."

That, and if this is the last three years of college football as we know it?  Let's savor these last three years, and decry the changes when they actually occur.

And finally, over the years I have got to know, (at least a little bit) a ton of the people that post here. (Like you)  These are good people, and great Duck fans.  Truly a wonderful community, and while OBD is not like other forums...  

We don't want to be! 

Autzen Experience_Kevin Cline.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

The forum with decorum!

And....I would be remiss if I did not give credit to our superb moderators, because due to them--you almost never see an offending post.  If you do...it is not up for long!

Hug a moderator, as they protect this forum we love.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

This site is truly enjoyable. Living in the east coast, I don't hear a lot of Duck talk. I am able to learn a lot from those who write articles and comments from those with opposing viewpoints stated in a nice way. At the same time, there is entertaining humor. What more can one ask for?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 4:04 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

What more can one ask for?

More Cat GIFs!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/20/2022 at 3:59 PM, Charles Fischer said:

And....I would be remiss if I did not give credit to our superb moderators, because due to them--you almost never see an offending post.  If you do...it is not up for long!

Hug a moderator, as they protect this forum we love.

giphy.gif

6d9tz2.jpg

• Haha 1

Hi mrspenny, it's good to see you here.  Please post often.  This site reminds of one particular long gone Duck site that was a collection of good humored fans who went through the ups and downs together for a couple of decades.  This includes signing day chatrooms with many of us surreptitiously logged in while at work pretending to work though our inboxes.

That site sold to a recruiting service and they condensed everything into one board that focused on recruiting all year to sell subscriptions.  That's when I tapped out.

In looking back, I think that when Beavermobile slipped this earthly coil, that board was lost forever.

At least we have Repo Santa though.

• Thumbs Up 1