EastBayDuckDad

Nice Bio and Article About Lanning

A really nice read on DL's background and upbringing. 

graphic-danlanore.jpg
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Lanning, 36, is the youngest of the 65 Power Five head football coaches

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

THANK YOU. I referenced this article in a recent post but I'm too darn tech challenged to do The Link.

• Haha 1

Let's hope he becomes the longest tenured of all Oregon coaches.

P.S. take bear to "a farm" and not the vet, easier on the kids.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It's just different," he continued when speaking of his new job at Oregon. "I just think this is one of the top 10 programs in the nation. It's also a top 10 program that hasn't done everything it can do yet. They've never won a national championship here. I'm not saying we're going to do that next year, of course not. But you can do that. You can absolutely do that if you get the best players to stay on the West Coast."

"This is the kind of place really feel like I can stay forever," Lanning said. "If I'm doing my job and winning, there isn't a Miami for me like there was for Mario Cristobal. There isn't a Florida State [for Mike Norvell after leaving Memphis]. If William Jewell calls, thanks, but I think I'll stay at Oregon."

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

What's not to love about this guy?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/21/2022 at 3:21 PM, Charles Fischer said:

"It's just different," he continued when speaking of his new job at Oregon. "I just think this is one of the top 10 programs in the nation. It's also a top 10 program that hasn't done everything it can do yet. They've never won a national championship here. I'm not saying we're going to do that next year, of course not. But you can do that. You can absolutely do that if you get the best players to stay on the West Coast."

"This is the kind of place really feel like I can stay forever," Lanning said. "If I'm doing my job and winning, there isn't a Miami for me like there was for Mario Cristobal. There isn't a Florida State [for Mike Norvell after leaving Memphis]. If William Jewell calls, thanks, but I think I'll stay at Oregon."

Jewell of a comment! Me doubts that Billy Jewell has the dinero to make such a change happen?

• Haha 1

He seems like such of a real deal. You can't help but want to hope he has success. Specially cuz I'm a die-hard Duck fan!!

Seriously, I hope we have a long and wonderful relationship with coach Lanning and his family. 

Starting this Saturday!

Go Ducks!!

Who all is planning to go this sat?

• Thumbs Up 1

In reality, there is no perfect coach. However, in everything I read about Dan Lanning, there have been nothing derogatory. 

One thing I am particularly impressed with is how well spoken he is. He has a knack for not giving away too much in his answers to questions, but he doesn't ignore questions either, like some coaches.

Lanning's never ending energy is what OBD needs. As noted by players at practice, they are enjoying football again. That is testament to the hard work of Lanning and his staff who are well equipped to lead and teach. This bodes well for future recruiting. What recruit and parent wouldn't want that for themselves?

The final judgement will come in the fall when we see how this plays out on the field. Can't wait.

GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 3