Charles Fischer

Pac-12 Recruiting Comparisons: WHEW!

Two teams getting 31 of the best recruits with ten teams getting 19? Wowsa.

And we are not done!

Mr. FishDuck

The best player I can remember at Arizona in the last decade or so is Scooby Wright, a 3 * linebacker. The Wildcats sit at the bottom of recruiting this time. What is the problem at Arizona?

6 minutes ago, 30Duck said:

The best player I can remember at Arizona in the last decade or so is Scooby Wright, a 3 * linebacker. The Wildcats sit at the bottom of recruiting this time. What is the problem at Arizona?

I remember the announces at football games saying 2-Star Scoob all the time... it was infuriating when Oregon lost to Zona.

Also... Anu Solomon was pretty good and was a four star... though due to some medical things he fell off the radar after 2014.

1 minute ago, David Marsh said:

2-Star Scoob all the time..

Good job, Scoob!

Our QB competition for 2021 is shaping up to be very interesting. I am not one to theorize about who should have the starting job, but will honor the selection process and trust that our coaching staff will develop the QBs and make the right decision. However, given the competition and potential playing time, players seem more willing than ever to transfer for more playing time (a continual challenge for our coaches). 

1 hour ago, Charles Fischer said:

And we are not done!

The question is "is USC done ??"  And where will we be Nationally ??

With all these great recruiting classes year after year now we've got to start seeing some good results soon. Like a National title run.

I think USC is in play for one 4-star at this point... Raejon Davis .... I mean they are making a "run" at JTT but that doesn't seem to be going anywhere in all honesty.

Outside of Davis I think USC is done with this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Future is looking real bright if even half of these guys pan out the way scouts think they will.

I have been looking back at our recruiting since about 2015 and find it interesting that many of what we thought were big gets just didn't pan out and many transferred or had personal issues that kept them from seeing much of the field.

I find it interesting that low end 3* guys like Travis Dye, Brandon Dorlus, Jordon Scott, Johnny Johnson, Verone Mckinley and several other low 3* recruits have seen a lot of field time during games the past few seasons. 

Not sure what this means in the grand scheme of things but I continue to have some concern about development of what appears to be high level talent coming out of high school.

1 hour ago, C J said:

I continue to have some concern about development of what appears to be high level talent coming out of high school.

If recruiting rankings translated into wins, USC would have won the Pac 12 most of the last decade, and the Utes would have been in the cellar.

I think we all know that recruiting rankings need to be taken with a grain of salt. If you go to 247 and look at the top 20 all-timers, it's amazing how many never panned out to greatness.

Or how our only Heisman winner was a mid three star.

But there is no doubt that in aggregate, more highly rated players gives a team a better chance for success.

Unless you are a Trojan 😄

5 hours ago, C J said:

I continue to have some concern about development of what appears to be high level talent coming out of high school.

Some coaches do have the ability to lift players ability's and some don't. Utah does have that ability however USC, right now does not. I would like to see more of that ability here at Oregon and am hoping Joe Moorhead and our new defensive coach can bring that about. MC by himself does not seem to be really great at it. 

giphy.gif