Babyjesus615

Pac-12 2022 QB Rankings by Team

Cam Ward and Michael Penix Jr. ranked higher than likely starter Bo Nix? Do you agree?

USATSI_18077452.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

ESPN ranked the best and worst QB situations in the nation going into 2022. How high is USC? Where does Oregon land? Which Pac-12 team brings up the rear?

• Great post! 1

Bo is going to play good enough to help us win. That's what counts.  

• Thumbs Up 2

If Bo does what Bo should, I think he's setting himself up for easily his best year statistically. Working with Dilly is going to slow the game down for him even more. He is going up against Pac-12 defenses in Pac-12 stadiums. If he isn't at or above DTR level stats he should consider his season a disappointment.

I think Nix is a bit low on that list. 

I think the team around him can be the best he has ever had and if that is the case then he can be in the Heisman waiting room level. 

Also... This notion that the Heisman can be won by any standout player is a load of crap. The Heisman requires a good team surrounding that player to allow them to shine and more and more it requires a solid defense.

I think Williams will have some offensive players around him to get him in the conversation but I don't think he'll have the defense to book him a ticket to New York. 

Nix has the skill players around him (or hopefully does we will have to wait and see) and he has a better chance at the defense to elevate his play to the upper tiers of play. 

We will just have to wait and find out. Let's just say that Oklahoma is in a better place roster wise than USC is and pretending they are equal is just not true. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/2/2022 at 11:44 AM, David Marsh said:

I think Nix is a bit low on that list. 

I concur David. I don't know about being a Heisman candidate, but given that Oregon usually has a good offensive line, the Ducks offense under Bo should be fun to watch if Oregon's receivers are reasonably talented.

I also think that Caleb Williams is a bit overrated in general, but he may put up some real stats against PAC-12 defenses. 

As awards are sometimes political and based mostly on prospective criteria( I've noticed a lot of players elected on creds rather than exceptional play) as much as what happens on the field.

Bo will acquit himself just fine and lead us to a whole lot of victories.

On 6/3/2022 at 1:26 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

I concur David. I don't know about being a Heisman candidate, but given that Oregon usually has a good offensive line, the Ducks offense under Bo should be fun to watch if Oregon's receivers are reasonably talented.

I also think that Caleb Williams is a bit overrated in general, but he may put up some real stats against PAC-12 defenses. 

Agree on all of these, Nix should definitely be higher on that list. Caleb Williams may be a bit overrated,

but Williams putting up better numbers because he's playing against PAC 12 defenses assumes that they play good defense in the Big 12, which isn't necessarily the case.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2022 at 2:03 PM, OhioDuck said:

Agree on all of these, Nix should definitely be higher on that list. Caleb Williams may be a bit overrated,

but Williams putting up better numbers because he's playing against PAC 12 defenses assumes that they play good defense in the Big 12, which isn't necessarily the case.

Point well taken  Ohio Duck.

Baylor caused Williams plenty of problems lasr year and Oklahoma State. Also Iowa State only lost by one score. I'd say all three of those schools have the best defenses in the big-12 and Oklahoma went 1-2 against them. 

I know the pac-12 has it's problems... But I think Cal, Stanford and Utah and even Washington State could put up some pretty stingy resistance to USC. Probably UCLA as well. 

And those are only the schools USC plays this year. I think Oregon will have the best defense in the conference next year. 

And... I'll be honest... Washington will probably have a decent to good defense. Lake wasn't fired because of the defense. It was an offense that played like a defense and poor recruiting and locker room management. 

Oregon and Washington are not on USCs schedule this upcoming year. 

Also... I'd be careful if Arizona next year. That team had an aweful record but they played damn hard and never gave up. They are going to be scrappy next year and dangerous if you sleep on them. This isn't to say they will be good... Just better than everyone probably thinks. 

• Thumbs Up 3