Charles Fischer

Would YOU Choose This for Oregon?

I really want the money of the B1G, but not the travel or playing Iowa, Wisconsin, and Purdue instead of Washington State, Cal and Oregon State.

Raid the Big-12 and take eight teams; create the Big-Pac, and have two nine team divisions with eight conference games like the SEC does.  We would NOT generate the same revenue, but to retain the Pac we have to cut sports...a lot of them.

That means my beloved Baseball team would be on the chopping block.  If we have to do it to retain the Pac...then I say "yes."

What about you?

Safe from a Husky_Gary Breedlove.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I would rather have a meter with the B1G with at least the Pac-8 being involved. I don't have much love or care for the Arizona schools, Utah and Colorado in truth. 

But the idea of a whole lot more travel is not appealing. 

I suppose grabbing a chunk of the big-12 is more appealing. The question is can Oregon, Washington, Oklahoma State, and... I don't know Texas Tech or Kansas State... Carry the prestige of a power conference? 

Maybe 

I say no.

I can't see any option that doesn't suck somehow. In the end, I think we're going to be looking at one of three end results.

1: Join either BIG or SEC as they battle each other forming two super conferences.

2: Some sort of melding between Pac and Big 12.

3: NCAA/ Conferences Leaders sit down and create football exclusive realignments while maintaining current conferences for all other sports.

In the end, I see option three as the most logical but it would require the most cooperation which makes me skeptical of this option coming to fruition.

If the B1G or SEC does not want us...of which is probable...we have hard decisions.

Mr. FishDuck

If the B1G wants the U of O, I would be reluctant to join. The best option seems to me to merge with the some or all of the Big-12. It could be a better league than the ACC, if needed the ACC survives. 

The Greedy Ten's  detachment of Nebraska accelerated the disintegration of the Big-12 and all the traditional regional leagues. USC may have initiated contact, but they accepted, which is in my view the most odious, treacherous act of villainy in the whole sorry history. Finally, does no one feel any regret about leaving behind longtime competitors and colleagues such as Oregon State, California, and Washington State? If Mrs. Bowerman had not owned a waffle iron, the U of O might now be the same position. There but for the grace of God go we. 

I suppose that I will turn the television on come fall, but I am repelled by the uncontrolled greed that is destroying traditional college football. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was going to start a new topic but I believe this one fits. I have posted this on many of the other topics but didn't seem to get much response. If we are looking at what's best for Oregon it's time to go back in history. 

Look at the big league teams that have switched conferences.

Nebraska in the B1G hasn't won after 20 yrs and won't in the foreseeable future.

PSU hasn't won in 10 yrs or so and is at best 4th best in B1G.

TA&M after 10 yrs might and that's still a big might compete for SEC title. 

Do you think TX or OK are really going to be able to compete in the SEC for the foreseeable future? I don't.

Now USC and UCLA to the B1G. They are going to be fodder for the league for the foreseeable future. 

Please don't let us make the same mistake. I believe our best move is to save PAC add SD St, Nevada, Boise State and Fresno State and any other B12 teams like TCU and Houston that get us in the big TV markets of TX.

We would stay the big Ducks in a 1/2 the country TV market.  This makes more sense to me. I don't want us to be the fodder for any other leagues.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

I agree, Duck 1972, and especially with this bit:

On 7/2/2022 at 1:11 PM, Duck 1972 said:
On 7/2/2022 at 1:11 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Please don't let us make the same mistake. I believe our best move is to save PAC add SD St, Nevada, Boise State and Fresno State and any other B12 teams like TCU and Houston that get us in the big TV markets of TX.

We would stay the big Ducks in a 1/2 the country TV market.  This makes more sense to me. I don't want us to be the fodder for any other leagues.

I'd also add that there's too much emphasis on potential conference $$ as THE determining factor.

• Thanks 1