Log Haulin

Who's In/Out When 3 Are Left Standing

Interesting. On the surface it seems like it would work and be balanced.   

The articles claims that UW has already applied for Big 10 membership....

On 7/4/2022 at 10:04 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Interesting. On the surface it seems like it would work and be balanced.   

The articles claims that UW has already applied for Big 10 membership....

I think the UCLA insert was a typo. Assume meant Oregon but I could be wrong.

Wow. That would be hilarious if Miami gets left out like this article predicts, but I don’t see any chance of that happening. 

• Haha 1

I am going to think positive today and believe that Oregon is getting into one of the super conferences or find a creating way to keep pace.  I have a hard time believing that PK would invest $1B in the University of Oregon, then say “oh well, I guess it didn’t work out”.  Common sense says otherwise.  We will find a way to stay with the top teams. 

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Interesting prediction.

My thoughts:

1) The author assumes that the existing member of the B1G, SEC and Big-12 will still be there in the end.  I’m not sure that is a safe bet, as there are some pretty crappy teams remaining that don’t add much value (e.g., Iowa State). There is no way that Miami and Cal get left out in favor of some of those other schools, IMO. 

2) The newly formed Big -12 is clearly a step below the new B1G and SEC. I don’t see them getting an automated bid to the playoffs. 

3) Why should the B1G and SEC stop at 20 teams? Why not cherry pick the best programs from all of the conferences, break away from the NCAA and just have each league’s champions face one another for the championship?

Many of there ‘Ins’ are so similar in stature to those on there list of ‘Outs’ as to make you wonder why one is and another isn’t. Personal bias? Interesting that Washington State doesn’t even earn an honorable mention.