Log Haulin

Ducks Make Another Top 10, I Think Thats All of Them.

WOW! Love seeing the ranking by strength of schedule. 

And every other stadium on that list is at least double the size of Autzen. 

Fear the Duck! 

We all know USC already does. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Somewhat off topic but tOSU has EIGHT home games?  They open with five straight in the 'Shoe?  Their toughest road trips are to Michigan State and Penn State plus Maryland and Northwestern.  No wonder they are expected to be in the playoffs.

Like Mike Bellotti has considered, before Autzen’s expansion, we use to be a lot louder because the rebound volume was greater off the southern awning since it was lower and closer to the playing field. Not sure how you regain that advantage. Maybe a north side expansion with identical awning might do the trick?

On 7/9/2022 at 9:27 AM, Washington Waddler said:

Like Mike Bellotti has considered, before Autzen’s expansion, we use to be a lot louder because the rebound volume was greater off the southern awning since it was lower and closer to the playing field. Not sure how you regain that advantage. Maybe a north side expansion with identical awning might do the trick?

I believe the noise level is lower due to when Field Turf was installed.  The turf has millions to tiny rubber pellets inside it, and that rubber absorbs the sound coming at it.  Before field turf, we had AstroTurf over cement, and the sound of the crowd would bounce off this cement, and echo back inside the stadium.

I'll bet it has cut the noise level by 25-30%?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck