EastBayDuckDad

College Football News: Oregon O-Line is No. 1

USATSI_17012572-2.jpg?w=640
COLLEGEFOOTBALLNEWS.COM

College football unit rankings – the offensive lines. Ranking the top 10 overall, and then ranking...

Ducks are #1. I like the line about the nastiness of Oregon O-line and how finesse is no longer in the lexicon. 

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I noticed BYU is 4 and Utah is 5. Those will be hard fought games.

• Thumbs Up 2

As @Pennsylvania Duck noticed, not only is OR #1, but they will have a chance to dominate against #s 4, 5, and 7 this year. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was half expecting to see USC at the top of that list... Because HYPE! After all we all know USC will win the national championship this year. The media has dubbed it so. 

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Haha 6

Now let's go into Atlanta with us being an underdog and show the Bulldogs how West Coast players ball out.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope our OL coach knows what he is doing.  I was not impressed with our OL last year.  Hopefully, it was the scheme and not the players.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Bo can pass like we think he can we should have a great offense.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So Ducks have the #1 O-line and the #2 LB group in the country. Arguably 2 of the most important groups on offense and defense. Still Ducks are huge underdogs v. UGA.

Looks like the DB's are an improvement from last year. The case has also been made that the WR, QB and RB rooms are better. 

That leaves the D-line and coaching. Lost KT to the draft but the overall D-Line could be better. And Mariø is gone.

I would hate to be the ones setting betting line for this Duck team. Waking up at 2 a.m. from night terrors and cold sweats doesn't sound like much fun.

Everyone can slobber over SC but the Ducks are going to be scary in 22. Kirby Smart and his staff are well aware of the challenges playing Oregon poses. Sept 3rd can't get here soon enough.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1