Pennsylvania Duck

Jurrion Dickey: MaxPreps Preseason All-American

USATSI_11950472_168381178_lowres-1200x62
SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

One of the gems of Oregon's 2023 recruiting class picked up a big-time honor this week.

• Thumbs Up 1

The long drought in the wide receiver department is finally coming to an end. We actually seem to have a flood of talent at wide receiver now, not a bad problem.

I remember back when we signed Cam Colvin, still our highest rated wide receiver recruit all-time, but he just didn't work out to be our great receiver. 

I look forward to Oregon to finally developing a NFL receiver pipeline. This is something we have never had, but will change our program if it happens. Jurrion could just be the next great one as we seem to be flush at the position now.

The size of our receivers that are available to our QBs will pose problems for defensive backs. That is assuming that our QBs play just above average. An elite QB will have some fun picking on mismatches that they can create.

Jurrion Dickey looks to be the real deal. I hope that Dante Moore to Jurrion Dickey for a TD is a familiar call over the PA system at Autzen.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/11/2022 at 7:43 AM, Haywarduck said:

I remember back when we signed Cam Colvin, still our highest rated wide receiver recruit all-time, but he just didn't work out to be our great receiver. 

Man, I remember Cam. He was really (finally) starting to turn it on his senior season in 2007. Having a break-out year (along with a few others) until a tough tackle broke his lower leg.

Would have been a great year 

At 6’ 2” he will be one of the shorter receivers. 😳🥳🎉

A far cry from three under 6’ that the Ducks started last year. 

TE and WR are stacked with height. Let’s hope they can be physical fast and have good hands. 

Good times ahead for the Ducks. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 8/11/2022 at 7:43 AM, Haywarduck said:

Buzz Kill!!! haha..  ya he was a 5-star bust

On 8/11/2022 at 9:16 AM, Drake said:

Jurrion Dickey looks to be the real deal. I hope that Dante Moore to Jurrion Dickey for a TD is a familiar call over the PA system at Autzen.

He has Cozart in the same class, can't sleep on him. Justis Lowe and Kyler Kasper in the class before them.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/11/2022 at 11:33 AM, shawnski said:

Having a break-out year (along with a few others) until a tough tackle broke his lower leg.

I remember the fumble through the end zone to lose against Cal, and then 2 weeks later that freak injury against WSU.  Rough way to end your career.

• Thumbs Up 1

This worry anyone?  Seems odd things going on.

SJM-L-SERRA-1113-20.jpg?w=640
WWW.MERCURYNEWS.COM

Five-star receiver fishes in South Florida as Southern California powerhouse Mater Dei begins practice.

On 8/11/2022 at 6:04 PM, DazeNconfused said:

Buzz Kill!!! haha..  ya he was a 5-star bust

I would remember what Cam Colvin had to endure throughout life.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2008%2F0422%2Fnfl_th_cc
WWW.ESPN.COM

Life has presented Cameron Colvin with enough potholes to swallow many. The Oregon receiver continues to pursue his NFL dreams while motivated by tragedies and setbacks.

I'm just glad he's done great things since then.

On 8/12/2022 at 3:07 AM, chrisjenn99 said:

This worry anyone?  Seems odd things going on.

Couldn't read the article, paid subscription. Did article insinuate that IMG Academy might be the school? Maybe he went to see IMG on his Florida trip?

On 8/12/2022 at 6:19 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Couldn't read the article, paid subscription.

That's odd.  I don't have a subscription, and it just loads for me. 

To summarize, he isn't enrolled at Mater Dei....or his old school at this point.  Also, he's still in South Florida fishing.

"Well, it’s anyone’s guess where Dickey will play in the fall.

A source close to Dickey told the Bay Area News Group on Monday night that the receiver is not going to Mater Dei and plans to attend a public school, perhaps in the Bay Area."

• Thanks 1