Desert Duck

No. 7 Utah Loses to Unranked Florida

Brutal day for the PAC-12.

Certainly not a good day for the PAC ... But this is just week one. Still plenty of games to play and plenty to play for. 

• Thumbs Up 1

But at least USC beat food... Granted I still want them to lose. 

And Stanford beat toothpaste. So that's good I guess. 

• Haha 1

That pass by Utah was almost as bad as the Russell Wilson ill conceived throw against the Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Utes had moved down the field, had momentum, a chip shot field goal sends the game to OT. Playing not to lose is a bad idea but going for the win isn't always the best idea. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/4/2022 at 10:39 AM, 30Duck said:

That pass by Utah was almost as bad as the Russell Wilson ill conceived throw against the Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Utes had moved down the field, had momentum, a chip shot field goal sends the game to OT. Playing not to lose is a bad idea but going for the win isn't always the best idea. 

I'm guessing here that he saw the TE stumble and fall, throwing the ball low into the ground to stop the clock.  He just didn't throw it low enough. 

I thought that Utah looked like the better team tht game right up until the Bo Nix like throw for an intercetion to end the game.  It was ill advised, but they were moving the ball well, had plenty of time, and still a couple of downs left.  Without the interception, I think they had that game.

Sadly, I think PAC-12 is living down to the level that everyone says it to be.

On 9/4/2022 at 1:24 PM, Desert Duck said:

Sadly, I think PAC-12 is living down to the level that everyone says it to be.

Everybody wants to be the star with the least amount of effort.

Utah missed the go to WR - Covey, that was Rising Ings security blanket. They also missed 1st round draft pick Devon Lloyd the Sewell brother who was the other starting LB. Utah will get better every week.

Florida coach Billy Napier and his staff had them playing football like they should. They have a top 10 roster and Dan Mullens wasn't getting it done with that roster. It's going to be interesting what Napier and his staff do this year.

Isnt Utah the #1 Pac team? It was on the road in a terrible environment, I will say that.