Pac10again

Chip Created a Monster at Oregon?

Remember when we had Chip who couldn't recruit Santa Claus to the North Pole?   And yet we won rose bowls and played in NC games.   His players puked before and after practice.  They stayed in shape all year long. I remember the culture then.  Oregon beat you with heart!!! 

Well The SEC saw our little guys doing pretty good against premier big guys and must have asked how that was possible.  And they saw the excitement that high speed, never rest, in your face, catch me if you can, see you...was bringing to college football.  

So Nick Satan and his fellow SEC demons wised up and said we can do that too.  And they did.  Georgia is exactly what Oregon was only with much bigger, stronger, and just as fast players. 

Oregon lost both NC games but they belonged there!

Oregon changed college football forever, and in doing so, may have sealed its own fate.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2022 at 10:36 AM, Pac10again said:

And they did.  Georgia is exactly what Oregon was only with much bigger, stronger, and just as fast players. 

Which is what Cristobal said his teams would ne. That didn't happen.

Oregon lost both NC games but they belonged there!

Oregon changed college football forever, and in doing so, may have sealed its own fate.

Agreed on both points here, the agony being, oh what could have been?  As innovative and new Chip's, and Bellotti's '07 teams were, Oregon belonged on the field with the bluebloods. Cristobal's teams did get the win at the Horseshoe, but their No.4 ranking was a mirage.

Hindsight shows that playing Georgia was a mistake, the outcomes would probably be worse if they played 9 more times. But that doesn't mean that Oregon doesn't belong in the top 12. Watching Utah and Florida play, showed me that Oregon can compete with them. 11 games left on the schedule; the Georgia game was an L from the start. The season starts against EWU. 

Remember when we had Chip who couldn't recruit Santa Claus to the North Pole?   

1) The style of play he created (along with some spiffy uniforms) did a LOT of the recruiting for him.

2) Yes Chip did change college football forever - but it doesn't have to be what seals O's fate.  O just has to get back to what had made them so special during those Kelly years.  Even in losses, everyone enjoyed watching Oregon play football because it was exciting!

Meh.  I think it is too easy to be negative right now and write off the team, the program and Dan Lanning after one game.

Clemson only scored three points on Georgia last year, and we got surprised by the newly installed passing game of the Bulldogs, as reported by DazeNconfused.

We will be much better....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/5/2022 at 10:49 AM, 30Duck said:

Which is what Cristobal said his teams would ne. That didn't happen.

Agreed on both points here, the agony being, oh what could have been?  As innovative and new Chip's, and Bellotti's '07 teams were, Oregon belonged on the field with the bluebloods. Cristobal's teams did get the win at the Horseshoe, but their No.4 ranking was a mirage.

Hindsight shows that playing Georgia was a mistake, the outcomes would probably be worse if they played 9 more times. But that doesn't mean that Oregon doesn't belong in the top 12. Watching Utah and Florida play, showed me that Oregon can compete with them. 11 games left on the schedule; the Georgia game was an L from the start. The season starts against EWU. 

I agree with everything you said except the season starts with EW--it starts in my opinion with BYU. EW is the game we should have played first as a practice game. And I wouldn't be surprised if its not closer than what we would like-time will tell.

On 9/5/2022 at 10:54 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Meh.  I think it is too easy to be negative right now and write off the team, the program and Dan Lanning after one game.

Clemson only scored three points on Georgia last year, and we got surprised by the newly installed passing game of the Bulldogs, as reported by DazeNconfused.

giphy.gif

Or, as my old coach would say, a well-placed kick in the a__*, followed by "Get to work"  

* figuratively speaking

Edited by Mic
spelling correction

giphy.gif

I see a lot of positives. Dan Lanning had a teaching moment by his mentor. What DL does from here is what matters. As KS said. They will be fine.

The last bricks of the MC foundation have been dismantled by UGA. I believe DL will build a champion from this beating he took. 

Its one loss. 11 more to play. I have dusted off my backside and am ready for the rest of the season. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Clemson only scored three points on Georgia last year,

Last year Georgia defeated their eight regular season SEC opponents by roughly a 40-8 average score.  Oregon may not yet be elite SEC quality but who is?  Oregon would get plenty of wins playing normal B1G or SEC members.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2