Lobonado

First Time at Autzen: Advice needed.

Hello all, I am a New Mexico Lobos fan going to the game this Saturday to cheer on the Ducks. Being a Lobos fan I have never had a real gameday experience. I am looking for any advice for a smooth experience. I will be traveling in from the Salem area. How is the traffic gameday? Where are good places to park? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

• Like 1

Might try this thread

On 9/11/2022 at 8:20 PM, Lobonado said:

Hello all, I am a New Mexico Lobos fan going to the game this Saturday to cheer on the Ducks. Being a Lobos fan I have never had a real gameday experience. I am looking for any advice for a smooth experience. I will be traveling in from the Salem area. How is the traffic gameday? Where are good places to park? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

After the big win yesterday and with both teams being ranked - yeah, this game will likely sellout.  Meaning a traffic mess if you have to drive anywhere around the stadium.  My advice to you is to use one of the available Park-n-Locks and ride the shuttle bus to and from the game.  The P-n-L at the Pacific Source building north of town will be the easiest for you to reach coming from Salem.  Take exit 195 to the Gateway Blvd area and follow your navigator to 555 International Way, Springfield.  Easy-peazy, avoids all the traffic and near impossibility of finding a place to park within a couple miles of the stadium.

There is a security guard on-duty there and it's well outside of any densely populated area.  It's a safe place to park and a very short walk to the shuttles busses.  Oh, and be prepared to pay the $5 shuttle fee/person with your smart phone, if you have one.  If you don't - I don't know what to tell you, they can't accept cash.

Or, go to Sam's Place off 11th Ave., on Conger, have a beer and ride the free shuttle from there to and from the game.  But check it out early first, to make sure the place still runs their shuttle.  It's a great little sports bar in West Eugene.  Owner's name is Jim.

Edited by Mic
  • Great post! 1

Traffic on I5 just south of Salem 3 hours before game time is generally very congested and slow. It will probably take an extra 20 minutes to get to Eugene. If you don’t have tailgating plans the Moshofsky Center is located next to the stadium. It is an indoor practice field. 

You can grab food, sodas, or beer inside.

Edited by Drake

If you like to tailgate then get there early to beat the traffic and get a spot at the Masonic Lodge across from PK Park on MLK. Lots of good times happening over there.

The thread referred to earlier disappeared, so here it is.  Let's all refer to that one and add to it please...

I liked this BYU uniform the best...

BYU announces Ty Detmer as offensive coordinator, Ilaisa Tuiaki as  defensive coordinator - Footballscoop

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you everyone! Very helpful.