Charles Fischer

Jerks: CBS Analysts Have NO LOVE for the Ducks

I suppose it makes sense to them, but watch for DazeNconfused''s analysis/preview article tomorrow for a different take. 

And learn a little about the Oregon defense tomorrow as well from yours-truly... 

(From the Fabulous FishDuck Feed)

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Oregon hosts BYU on Saturday. A panel of analysts for CBS Sports thinks it's a pretty easy game to pick.

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/14/2022 at 5:50 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I suppose it makes sense to them, but watch for DazeNconfused''s analysis/preview article tomorrow for a different take. 

And learn a little about the Oregon defense tomorrow as well from yours-truly... 

(From the Fabulous FishDuck Feed)

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Oregon hosts BYU on Saturday. A panel of analysts for CBS Sports thinks it's a pretty easy game to pick.

Well...what can people expect? Rick Neuheisel, for one.  Sorry if this offends anyone here but RN is a 1st-class jerk.  And what are 'analyst's gonna say about Oregon after a loss like 49-3 to Georgia?  

But... they may have a point here.  BYU is a team built to beat a team like the Ducks, they travel well and are absolutely not intimidated. by O  They're the older, more mature team and well- balanced.  I'm (sadly) picking BYU 31-24.  Oregon learns more about where they are and where thy need to go to get better.

Edited by Mic
  • Like 1

I think the only thing holding Oregon back at this point is knowing the scheme and being able to react without thinking. Thats going to take a sec. They definitely have the talent to beat BYU.

Intensity, speed, reaction time, and explosiveness has been lacking. You could see it in the eastern game. Having to think causes pause.

Ducks will get there.  Hopefully by Saturday.  Probably more like late Oct early Nov. Just in time to wreak the Utes, Beavs, and Trojans.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you get away from the "national analyst" types, there is support for our Ducks. 

From the FishDuck Feed, check these out. However, the margin for winning is not very big.

ScoopDuck Predictions: Surprise Storylines vs BYU

WWW.ON3.COM

Here are the top storylines our team of ScoopDuck writers predict will emerge from this weeks contest with BYU.

Oregon vs. BYU odds, prediction, betting trends for Week 3

WWW.SPORTINGNEWS.COM

No. 25 Oregon hosts No. 12 BYU in one of the more noteworthy games of the Week 3 slate. Sporting News breaks down the...

ESPN FPI Update: Ducks once again favored to beat Oregon State, BYU after bounce-back

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

After the UGA loss, Oregon’s chances to beat BYU and OSU plummeted. That changed following the Eastern Washington...

I’m glad this is their take.  If the Ducks win then they ‘over performed’ which feeds a narrative of the team ‘getting better’ and that ‘nobody wants to play.’

That said, their comments about the past three games is proof positive these guys are just tossing out cool sounding data but have zero clue how to read it.  

The team changed coaches so why do the first two games have any bearing on what the Ducks will do this year?  Also consider the second of these three games was after the coach left and they have a totally different QB.  

Lastly, maybe a young team playing the best team in the country at their place in their first game of the year using a totally new scheme may not be the best way to gauge performance for a team that clearly bounced back.  

Maybe BYU wins but it won’t be because their ‘past three games’ stat had any predictive value in that outcome 

• Thumbs Up 3

From FishDuck Feed, another national analyst's opinion...

• Thanks 1

Our lineman have been here for awhile.  They have lived through some bad losses. 

I am more concerned what another loss to a good team will do mentally to our offensive lineman?  

I think in that regard this game may set the tone for the rest of the season.  

Edited by debbieduck