Charles Fischer

Dillingham's Passing Attack Unveiled and Impressive

How surprised and delighted are you with Oregon's newly found passing attack?  It is no longer involving just the running backs and tight ends, as now the wide receivers are a big part and the attack has taken a turn to the exciting.

I love the balance; long passes, crossing passes, flair/bubble passes being distributed to all offensive skill players.  Passing for 446 yards? The scoring days are back!

The development of Nix is an equally compelling story right now, as he went 33/44 or 75% completion rate?  Holy crap!  Over four games he is passing at a 72% completion percentage, (96/132) and is a good 10 TDs to 3 interceptions.  With all that has been written at FishDuck and here....who saw a 72% completion rate coming?

I am grateful to see it from a couple of angles; first, it is a ton more entertaining than Pistol-Plunges and as this last game proved...there are times you have to win by scoring a boatload of points because the opponent is scoring easily.  Bo, Dilly and this offense has given us the confidence that Oregon can win shootouts too.

Are you as surprised as I am?

Bo Nix_Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

I am surprised that is took till the 4th quarter to score the boatload of points needed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat! 

I would have been much happier to see touchdowns scored on each trip to the red zone.  Their pick-six was on a tipped pass, and I will reluctantly  give them that, but it should have been 21-17 Ducks at the half.

Instead we got to go clear to the last half of the last quarter praying WSU would somehow ‘Coug it” for us.

(I feel like the Mase Funa pick-six was karmic payback.  It definitely brought me to my feet in a happy dance!)

It did feel more like we took it from them, more so than they gave it to us.  I feel the Ducks outplayed them and deservedly won this one, but what an emotional roller coaster this game was! 

Edited by PittDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1

From the FishDuck Feed, interesting notes about our passing game...

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/25/2022 at 7:56 AM, Charles Fischer said:

The development of Nix is an equally compelling story right now, as he went 33/44 or 75% completion rate?  Holy crap!  Over four games he is passing at a 72% completion percentage, (96/132) and is a good 10 TDs to 3 interceptions.  With all that has been written at FishDuck and here....who saw a 72% completion rate coming?

The beauty of Dillingham's offense is the mix of pass/run, variety of formations and deception. It seems to play to Bo's skill set perfectly, even if we got a bit of bad judgment on the pick-6 yesterday. Yes, the pass was tipped and well played by the WSU LB, but that ball shouldn't have been thrown. That said, give Nix the time the O-line is giving him to make the throws he can make and this offense just sings. Those last two drives against Wazzu were just plain masterful.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

And what would his percentage be if he didn't have to throw it away. 

Adjustments were made in the 2nd half. The 1st half blitzes were Kamikaze like. WSU won in the trenches at the goal line.

2nd half was a different story and that first TD to start it put everyone watching on notice. 

Kelly's teams OFTEN sputtered the first half. Then adjustments were made and the opposition got burned out. 

WSU are Cougars for a reason. Controlling them is like trying to herd cats. 

Taggart was a prophet when he said, "Buckle up." It's gonna be a wild ride.

I'm loving this season!

Go Ducks

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/25/2022 at 12:11 PM, nw777b said:

Adjustments were made in the 2nd half.

Don't you love that adjustments were made in the 2nd half? MC wasn't good at that. It makes coming from behind possible and as fans, we can look forward to that. 

I didn't have that positive feeling last year.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oregon is averaging just under 300 yds passing and around 195 yds rushing per game. The Ducks can move the ball and it is good to see that brand of football return. 

Our OL definitely sets the tone for our games. Their ability to pass protect and create running lanes for our RBs is a huge part of our success. 

Being able to win a shoot out is part of today’s college game. As everyone knows, physicality doesn’t necessarily score points. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/25/2022 at 9:11 AM, nw777b said:

And what would his percentage be if he didn't have to throw it away. 

Really good point...pushing 80%?  (Stop the crazy talk Charles...)

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

It's been awesome. My only anxiety comes from PTSD regarding previous admins. Expecting the same stagnant abuse we endured the last few years. 

It's been a true TEAM effort and we can see them growing and trusting each other more with every series. It will only get better.

Everyone is new! New young coaches, transfers, first time starters? Coming together 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dilly's play calling almost cost us this game is my take.

On 9/25/2022 at 10:41 AM, DazeNconfused said:

Dilly's play calling almost cost us this game is my take.

Goes both ways…

Offense had issues in the first half of play. Execution of plays in the red zone cost us the lead going into halftime. However, the Ducks offense came out firing in the second half.

Defensive errors in the second half were really giving WSU opportunities to put the game away. 

The offense kept chopping away in the second half, and ultimately, I would give them credit for winning this game. 

Edited by Drake
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1