debbieduck

UCLA is Rolling

I picked them to be playing in PAC12 Championship.

• Applause 2

Two weeks ago, I thought that then 4-0 UCLA was likely a pretender. I also said that I thought they might likely be 4-3 after 7 games. 

I was wrong.

42-25 UCLA with 9:26 in the 4th. 

Edited by Desert Duck

On 10/8/2022 at 3:39 PM, Desert Duck said:

Two weeks ago, I thought that then 4-0 UCLA was likely a pretender. I also said that I thought they might likely be 4-3 after 7 games. 

I was wrong.

42-25 UCLA with 9:26 in the 4th. 

It was actually my brother two weeks ago.  He said UCLA has the best all around team.  

My family still think that Oregon has most talent, but we’re young.   

I would LOVE to be in Eugene when UCLA cones to town. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It should be a great game, especially since it's in Eugene.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon's bye week coming up next week could not be better timed.

Unfortunately, UCLA has a bye week next week as well.

Edited by Desert Duck

Chip is a very good coach.  He raised the bar while in Eugene.  Went to the NFL, Philly had success but not like at Oregon.  Oregon was stacked with teachers that developed.  He has not had that since he left the Ducks.

This year, like last year, he has got a good group of players.  I just do not think he has the depth, like the ducks have.  Oregon, has some teachers, are they as good as the ones that helped Chip?  This Head Coach is better than Chip.  He is the CEO, Chip never has been.  I believe we will find that out, this year.

UCLA looks scary good, DTR seems to have been there forever, and as they say, he has a lot of weapons, and the Bruins D [played like Chip's at Oregon, the Utes got a lot of yards, but not many points. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 7:01 PM, Desert Duck said:

Oregon's bye week coming up next week could not be better timed.

Unfortunately, UCLA has a bye week next week as well.

Hmmm... I'm not sure I like Chip having two weeks to pull a few tricks out of his hat and from up his sleeves against our promising but rookie coach. 

Looking to be a great game! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/8/2022 at 4:09 PM, EzDucksIt said:

Chip is a very good coach.  He raised the bar while in Eugene.  Went to the NFL, Philly had success but not like at Oregon.  Oregon was stacked with teachers that developed.  He has not had that since he left the Ducks.

This year, like last year, he has got a good group of players.  I just do not think he has the depth, like the ducks have.  Oregon, has some teachers, are they as good as the ones that helped Chip?  This Head Coach is better than Chip.  He is the CEO, Chip never has been.  I believe we will find that out, this year.

Chip changed college football.  

Chip took three stars, and no stars, to National Championship games. 

Lanning has a bit to prove before he can be considered better than Chip IMO. 

But hope you are right!

Edited by debbieduck

On 10/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, debbieduck said:

Chip changed college football.  

Chip took three stars, and no stars, to National Championship games. 

Lanning has a bit to prove before he can be considered better than Chip IMO. 

But hope you are right!

I think you see a side that Chip doesn't have that Dan Lanning does, delegates authority.  Manages the media well, educators, craftsman and mentors.  Teach, build and show them.  They all, have some time to rise.  I am ok with that, just don't give up, takes work, effort and commitment.

That was hard to watch. Our defense is usually so stout. Looks like you guys are going to have your hands full in two weeks.

Edited by FreddyD