Charles Fischer

GameDay Thread versus Arizona: Join Us!

265 yards passing and 257 yards rushing... so far.

What an impressive and balanced attack.

• Applause 1

Our guys need to hold their composure. They had been doing so well. No need for these penalties.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Maybe not this game, but Ducks usually gift the other team with field position near or past mid-field, at least once a game.  How often does Hutson produce that kind of field position?  Practically never. 

Edited by DuckIt
  • Thumbs Up 1

That dumb penalty by Sewell and Bennett just cost the Ducks a TD. I hope DL gives them an earful.

• Thumbs Up 1

UA has score most of the points on drives extended by penalties 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm liking what I see from Florence he's just going to get better with playing time, still making freshmen mistakes by being a little aggressive but looks to be quite the ballhawk.

Will we see Thompson or Butterfield?

I can't remember ever watching a game where we scored seven touchdowns --- and all 7 were rushing TDs.

If TT doesn’t get anything going on this drive then he should be pulled for Butters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please please please

Never play Ty Thompson again 

Horrible 

I know he is playing with the second unit but TT is not reading the defense. He is only going through the motions.  Play JB. 

Let's see some of Butters next. Enough of TT.

Last time I saw the rule it still said something to the effect of "taking aim with the purpose of attacking and making forceable contact beyond what is necessary for a legal block or tackle" - presumably but not necessarily with the crown of the helmet - of which lowering the head is often an indication; or, something like that.

Offensive players instinctively lower their heads anticipating contact all the time, as I see it, sometimes a defensive player will too; and, there will be contact with helmets. Not all helmet contact with a tackle appears to me to be lowering the head to attack with the intent to make more than a legal tackle. I saw a bang-bang sort of play where the receiver could not just stop and chill and wait to see if the pass was caught before he decided to tackle or not - because that's a huge advantage for the offense. Rules today already seem to favor the offense where playing defense is tough enough. Didn't really like the call.

• Applause 1

Travis Dye who?

Most impressive performance this year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OK, the game is over and let’s discuss in new threads in the forum!

Mr. FishDuck