Charles Fischer

Quack! Offensive Line Verbal for 2023, Lipe Moala

Not much on him yet...is unranked on Rivals at the moment.  He doesn't look small, and must have some upside in a thin O-Line recruiting year.  Kansas and Utah have also offered him...

Mr. FishDuck

So true...

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/14/2022 at 9:27 PM, Charles Fischer said:

So true...

My boy is in his 2nd year playing O-Line (4th Grade).  That is the hardest thing to instill at the beginning.  Everyone thinks they're Mahomes 😄

Oregon lands commitment from 2023 OL Lipe Moala...Interesting comments from Rivals

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Oregon has landed its second offensive line commit in a week in Mater Dei HS OT Lipe Moala, from Southern California.

Apparently missed all or most of his junior year with an injury.

WWW.HUDL.COM

Lipe Moala Midseason Highlights

Well, he's from Mater Dei so it's not like he's coming from some random place in the boonies. 6'5" and 280lbs with several scholarship offers from P5 schools, so the potential is obviously being evaluated and verified by others.

Seems like the scenario is a project with steep upside?

Hmm, Pennsylvania's article might be wrong on his stats. Other articles are reporting that he's 6'6"-6'7" and between 315-330 lbs. Monsters like that don't grow on trees!

On 10/15/2022 at 6:00 AM, kirklandduck said:

Hmm, Pennsylvania's article might be wrong on his stats. Other articles are reporting that he's 6'6"-6'7" and between 315-330 lbs. Monsters like that don't grow on trees!

Usually Rivals is pretty accurate with their info. However, in their haste to get out info, they must have neglected to check his current stats.

I checked with a couple of other recruiting services and Moala is much bigger than what is listed in the article.

However, a couple of other services, including Rivals and ON3, show him a little smaller. Maybe because he was injured last year and lower

in the rankings, he hasn't been paid as much attention on these services yet.

The last article is his listing on the Mater Dei roster. I would think this should be pretty current. Whatever, he appears to be a pretty big fellow!

NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

Following the late class of 2022 addition of five-star offensive tackle Josh Conerly Jr., the Oregon Ducks went months with an additional offensive line pledge.

ON3 shows his weight 30lbs less

WWW.ON3.COM

Lipe Moala is a IOL from Mater Dei in San Juan Capistrano, CA. Lipe Moala is committed to the Oregon Ducks

Rivals shows him the least with very little info

N.RIVALS.COM

The definitive source for all Rivals news.

On the Mater Dei roster (No. 77), he is listed at 6'6", 320lbs

WWW.MAXPREPS.COM

The 22-23 Mater Dei varsity football team roster.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon adds second commitment along the offensive line for 2023 class

Oregon is the only visit Moala has taken and he made his decision very quickly.

I hope he didn't make a snap decision as he's likely to continue to get offers.

Glad he is a Duck now...

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon football coaching staff secured a verbal commitment from a fast-rising offensive prospect out west late Friday night. Three-star offensive lineman Lipe Moala of

From the look and sound of it he has some development to do but the one thing you can't teach is that size. 

Get him to coach Love and build him up and Klemm will have him ready to go in a year or two. 

He might not be an instant impract player but can definitely be a big piece to Oregon's future offensive line. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 7:24 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Not much on him yet...is unranked on Rivals at the moment.  He doesn't look small, and must have some upside in a thin O-Line recruiting year.  Kansas and Utah have also offered him...

Mater Dei HS has produced a lot of good athletes.  We have a couple on the team now, if memory serves me right.  A perennial California HS powerhouse.

Mater Dei assistant coach in the locker room before an August practice, yells across the locker room to his 6-4 280 offensive lineman:

”Hey Lipe, I have to finish our team’s info for our game day program. What are your measurements?”

Lineman replies: “I think I’m around 6-7 and weigh 340”

Coach: “Sounds good, we will go with that!”

• Haha 1

This is probably the best article I have seen about Lipe Moala from Joel Gunderson of ScoopDuck.

He talks about Moala's traits, characteristics, what he can and can't do yet, along with expectations.

WWW.ON3.COM

Lanning and the new recruiting/scouting staff prioritize physical tools above all else trusting their developmental process. 

• Great post! 1

On 10/15/2022 at 10:41 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

This is probably the best article I have seen about Lipe Moala from Joel Gunderson of ScoopDuck.

He talks about Moala's traits, characteristics, what he can and can't do yet, along with expectations.

WWW.ON3.COM

Lanning and the new recruiting/scouting staff prioritize physical tools above all else trusting their developmental process. 

Nice evaluation but it reads as if it were written while sipping green Kool Aid.  I know offensive line is one of the most difficult to predict and Oregon has a long list of mid-range three stars that play like blue chip prospects.  He is a very svelte 330 pounds.

Trusting the coaches evaluation.

New Oregon OL commit Lipe Moala breaks down his decision

In his own words, Moala talks about his commitment to Ducks...

247SPORTS.COM

Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei offensive lineman Lipe Moala committed to Oregon on Friday night. 

• Thumbs Up 1