Charles Fischer

Herbert/Chargers Win in Overtime...Whew!

37/57 passing...his back is hurting from carrying the team?

Mr. FishDuck

Gotta have some fun!

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Watching Justin play with those sore ribs is painful for me, not to mention him.  I hope he doesn't suffer permanent damage.  Just about any other position and he could sit for a few games but not the alpha-dog QB.

A win is a win, but man that was an ugly game to watch.  

Brandon Staley is not a good HC.  The Chargers have lucked into their last 2 wins.  For the life of me, I can't find out the length of Staley's contract, but I'm guessing 5 years?  Chargers need to move on, unless he starts making better decisions and game plans.

I only watch the Chargers to see JHerbs. Man, his O-Line is terrible. Even with sore ribs that ball was getting out quickly, but there wasn’t enough time or separation to keep the Bronco D honest.
The kicker deserves a Purple Heart and a Silver Star for that performance, but his post game interview was exactly how I imagined a kicker would give one… 😂 

No doubt those ribs are a problem, but Justin was running for his life and had to force passes several times. No Keenan Allen as your go to WR. No All-Pros Rashan Slater and Corey Linsley to protect his blindside and call blocking assignments and protections really hurt that Chargers offense. The o-line is like a sieve without those two and they were already weak at RT.

Thankfully Austin Ekeler was full go and dependable as always, and the kicker Hopkins nailed four FGs including the walk off OT game winner, playing on a bad hammy. But man, that was an ugly game.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:28 AM, JMac said:

The kicker deserves a Purple Heart and a Silver Star for that performance, but his post game interview was exactly how I imagined a kicker would give one… 😂 

Didn't see the post game interview but I remember thinking "this had better not come down to the kicking game" but it did - and he still came thru.  This alone should get his teammate's respect if he didn't already have it. He did most of the scoring.  He earned his keep.

• Great post! 1

That whole game was painful to watch. Towards the end I just wanted it over. I'm glad it meant more to Justin than it did to me. 

I sure hope that entire team heals up fast. I can not watch another showing like that.

After watching the Mariners go 18 innings without scoring a run in the first playoff game at home in 21 years on Saturday, the Chargers and Broncos were doing good imitations of futility on offense, and watching the kicker wince every time he kicked was painful.

But the win for the Chargers puts them in a tie for 1st in the AFC West with the Chiefs. Next for the Chargers is a home game against Seattle, while the Chiefs go to San Francisco to take on the 49ers, who will be coming off a loss to Marcus and the Falcons. 

Russell Wilson left Seattle so he could lead a more versatile and explosive offense than Carroll was running. So far, Denver has allowed 16.5 points per game, they are scoring 15.1 points per game.

Well, they do call it 'Football'.