Ktmguy2018

National Attention Is Always Good

Front page of ESPN College Football website.  Beautiful pass, beautiful catch, and some wicked uniforms!!

Screenshot_20221023-065805.png

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Watching our offense run up and down the field on national TV certainly grabs attention. DL and his coaching staff now have another +3 hour recruiting advertisement on film. 

All this attention is certainly good for the effect it has on the CFB pollsters and those voting for rankings, not to mention the fans.  It might also lose us our Offensive Coordinator to the NFL sooner rather than later.  But that's football.  Collegiate football.  

On 10/23/2022 at 8:09 AM, Mic said:

It might also lose us our Offensive Coordinator to the NFL sooner rather than later.

He's only been here seven games; I won't write him off so quickly, and at minimum....I am going to savor this while I can and not focus on the negative.

Cam McCormick by Craig Strobeck.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

For sure Charles.  For sure.  We should all savor the moments because in today's CFB world everything is seemingly fluid; players, coaches and even conferences.

Here's to 3 more years with this outfit - O may win a National Title or two by then.

This was originally put into the Post Game thread, but fits perfectly in here too.

What they’re saying nationally, in Los Angeles after Oregon Ducks beat UCLA

This is a fun and entertaining article to read, recommended Sunday reading...What a nationally televised game can do.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

What was written nationally and in Los Angeles after the game

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Whenever Oregon has this level of success fans start worrying about losing coaches. I just watched one of the best coached and played games I’ve seen at Oregon since Chip Kelley  was here and I’m going to enjoy this  transient moment of (near) perfection.  Losing good coaches is part of the game just as much as losing good players after three years. I’m not going to worry or post about it. Takes away the joy. 

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Having a game nationally broadcast gets the team a lot of attention.

Listen to what Matt Barrie, an ESPN analyst says about Oregon...

"If you haven't been paying attention to Oregon, start now."

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2022 at 10:02 AM, Charles Fischer said:

He's only been here seven games; I won't write him off so quickly, and at minimum....I am going to savor this while I can and not focus on the negative.

Cam McCormick by Craig Strobeck.jpg

Thanks, Charles, for the pic of Cam McCormick.  It's so good seeing him playing football after all he's been through the last several years.

Go Ducks!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2022 at 7:50 PM, olcodgerduck said:

Thanks, Charles, for the pic of Cam McCormick.  It's so good seeing him playing football after all he's been through the last several years.

Go Ducks!!

Amen.  Another one of him (below) is my screensaver on one computer--I so love what is happening for him.

hc celebration 2 jpg.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

National attention can be both good and bad.

Oregon received lots of good attention with the UCLA national broadcast win.

On the other hand, I am not sure if the Miami game with Duke was national, but it was on the east coast as I saw some of it. They are getting roasted!

See the article below for comparison from CBS Sports (Oregon and Miami are the first two listed): 

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Mario Cristobal's old program is on a much more positive trajectory than his current team and alma mater