The Kamikaze Kid

Oregon Ranked No. 8 In Latest AP & Coaches Poll

As it should be. Unfortunately, lets see how we slide over the next two weeks playing CAL and Colorado.

Glad to see we are at #8. Watching Clemson a few times now, they are not a Top 5 team! 

I keep reading many articles about the Ducks that refer to the opening game. 

When I look back there are many things I think of and wrote about after that game. 

We all know about the mistakes, brand new Coaching Staff and many players starting for the first time. We actually moved the ball on offense and the defense really hadn't gotten the message yet from the Coaches about tackling and coverage! 

Fast forward and as I've mentioned last week and the week following the first game of the season, we are improving each and every week and when we finish the game with the Beavers, I still believe we will be 11-1. 

Hopefully we get the chance to play Georgia again! 

Go mighty Ducks!!!

Pac-12 hasn't seen these rankings in a while...

AP Top 25: SEC lands 7 in new college football poll, Oregon Ducks climb to No. 8

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Georgia is No. 1 for the third consecutive week, but No. 2 Ohio State gained ground after it rolled Iowa.

Can you count #10 and #12 as PAC 12 teams since some think of them as Big 10 teams already?

• Haha 2

On 10/23/2022 at 3:12 PM, Fathertime said:

Can you count #10 and #12 as PAC 12 teams since some think of them as Big 10 teams already?

Should be interesting to see how long it takes for either team to get back in the top 20 after they join the B!G. My guess, quite a while.

• Go Ducks! 1

3 spots to the bubble. Maybe we can get there by Utes game. Cal to play first. Could be another top 10 match-up. USC wins out and pac championship could also be a top 10 match-up. 

Oregon is building four growing story lines. First Lanning is becoming the Boy Wonder coach. He has taken a team from game one beat down to #8 in the country by his 7th game ever coached. Also Dilly is becoming the new Chip before the worlds eyes as Oregon reinvents offensive concepts yet again. Bo is becoming the dark horse Heisman candidate.

The biggest story line of all is the rise from the ashes by the Ducks themselves. If Bo keeps getting 4-5 tds every game, they continue 1% growth every week and win convincingly, they will most likely be the media darling to be this years Cinderella that crashes the big dance.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 11:46 AM, EOFan said:

Hopefully we get the chance to play Georgia again! 

Go mighty Ducks!!!

Hopefully we don't.  We didn't match up well against them.  Hopefully it's someone else.  But I know what you're saying. You want to see the Ducks in the Playoffs.  It's gonna take a lot of pieces to fall into place for that one.

So, the clearest way to the CFP is winning convincingly the rest of the regular season and doing the same to an 11-1 USC in the PAC-12 Championship Game.

That means that if we want to go to the playoffs we need to want USC to win out (rooting for USC in every game???? especially UCLA.)

Beating UCLA again after UCLA beats USC won't cut it. If Oregon and USC win out they will possibly be 6 and 7 at the Championship game. A convincing win might well put Oregon into the top 4.

I'm rooting for the SEC to implode and eat their own young similar to PAC tradition...