FishDuck Article

The Ducks Leave Me Speechless

I never experience writer’s block. But, it funny how I find it much more difficult to come up with something to write when the Ducks play up to their talent and expectations and play, well, as they “should.”  When the Ducks play lousy it is easy for me to come up with a couple thousand words of criticism that I ...

FISHDUCK.COM

I never experience writer's block. But, it funny how I find it much more difficult to come up with something to write when the Ducks play up to...

• Applause 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks Darren for an entertaining article today!  You started my day off with a smile.

The Ducks are a breath of fresh air.  I'm constantly going "Wow" and "Did you see that?"  What a joy compared to me yelling, "What are you doing you idiot?" last year!  Or something else more crude to the TV.

The entire Oregon staff is the source of this major improvement lead by an all American nice guy who happens to know a great deal of football!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Darren. I, like you, can be a negative Nellie even when the Ducks are in the lead. I doubt I will ever change. 

The word for me is stunned, I didn’t think we would be able to handle the Bruins like we did. When the game was over all I could do is high five my friends and head to the fridge to get another beer. Speechless for sure and so happy for our Duck family.

Go 🦆🦆🦆s

That was a good read. I try to keep things realistic when thinking about the performance of the players in comparison to the prior athletic achievements of most of the fans watching. I have seen a lot of excellent high school football and baseball players down here in LA. When I think of how few of them received offers to major D1 programs it reminds me of how hard it is to get to their level let alone to actually be a starter at a school like Oregon.

Somebody I know used to say "all the experts are in the booth" as a way to counter the commentators that seemed to have all the answers. Sometimes I think it could be changed to "all the athletes are in the stands" when I hear some of the degrading comments. It is funny to hear some out of shape non athlete fan swilling beers say "you got to make that play" when somebody drops a pass or overthrows a ball. As if they could be out there making it happen! LOL

Fortunately this site is positive and we don't really get that here which is awesome. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As Bill Murray once said, " We CAME! We SAW! WE KICKED IT"S #!?$! "

Josh Pate - late kick, just dropped. Ending quote: they took their beating, now they’re handing them out. Good watch. SEC guy, Saturday first visit west and 1st time at Autzen. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/24/2022 at 5:43 AM, Smith72 said:

Thanks Darren for an entertaining article today!  You started my day off with a smile.

The Ducks are a breath of fresh air.  I'm constantly going "Wow" and "Did you see that?"  What a joy compared to me yelling, "What are you doing you idiot?" last year!  Or something else more crude to the TV.

The entire Oregon staff is the source of this major improvement lead by an all American nice guy who happens to know a great deal of football!

That 60 yard bomb (or so) got me jumping up and down.... good times are here again!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/24/2022 at 7:09 AM, Just Ducky said:

Thanks Darren. I, like you, can be a negative Nellie even when the Ducks are in the lead. I doubt I will ever change. 

The word for me is stunned, I didn’t think we would be able to handle the Bruins like we did. When the game was over all I could do is high five my friends and head to the fridge to get another beer. Speechless for sure and so happy for our Duck family.

Go 🦆🦆🦆s

I didnt't know what to expect. But, "we" playeed up to out talent, getting "coached up" no "coached down."

I thought last week that this game was going to answer a lot of our questions.

And boy, did it ever.

My biggest enjoyment is seeing how well the team was coached, from start to finish.

Excellent control of the game clock (one delay of game)

Great play calling by the offense. 

Timely use of trick plays.

Gutsy 4th down calls.

Great design using different alignments on offense.

Even better special teams, a perfectly played onside kick!

(We do seem to lack a big threat return man)

Our first over 40 yd field goal.

Our offense kept the Bruin defense off balance the whole game.

One minor/major? concern:

Linebackers and our defense. 

We need to get better at containment and coverage. Flowe made a few egregious decisions on his leverage and tackling.

Addison played great on his return, maybe he can help out here with increased minutes. 

Offensively we can hang with anyone.

But to win against the top teams, our D needs to improve.

We didn't force a single punt, but our offense played so wonderfully, controlling the game clock we got away with it.

I'm so excited the coaching was so awesome. It was a big win, but the great, gutsy, timely coaching leaves me so hopeful for the future, I'm almost breathless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/24/2022 at 2:05 AM, FishDuck Article said:

I never experience writer’s block. But, it funny how I find it much more difficult to come up with something to write when the Ducks play up to their talent and expectations and play, well, as they “should.”  When the Ducks play lousy it is easy for me to come up with a couple thousand words of criticism that I ...

FISHDUCK.COM

I never experience writer's block. But, it funny how I find it much more difficult to come up with something to write when the Ducks play up to...

There's always:  "Wow!  Did you see that!"  GO OREGON.! 

If you need more ideas, just call...

There are so many things going well, so many I did not anticipate...whew!  Gotta count my blessings!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck