Steven A

Hey UCLA, the Fat Lady Hasn't Sung

Per Jon Wilner, pay site:  "What we do know is this: The regents have the authority to rescind the decision — and seemingly could do it without a vote or approval of the full board."

Hopefully the Regents read Mr. Walton's "spot-on take".

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Wow 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

When the fat lady sings (with all the teutonic, viking helmeted, Flight of the Valkyries, operatic, body shaming, misogynistic implications of that) U$C gets to go it's own way because they are sleazeballs, and they can.

UCLA gets to answer to the UC Board of Regents and California taxpayers.

Edited by EastBayDuckDad
Liked it more
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

In my life's experiences, I have found that often pride and money can interfere with good judgement.

Now that the Bruins have made their decision to follow the back stabbers from ussuck, i fear that pride and money will cloud their judgement to the bitter end.

Once most of us unzip the fly on something it is often difficult to reverse the course. The powers that be at ucla told one of their greatest ambassadors, its all about the money.

I pray GK builds multiple media rights that bring enough of that driving force called money that our Ducks do not feel compelled to bolt from the PAC.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2

This is a waste of time. If USC goes then the B1G will need other Pacific coast teams. Oregon and Washington would bolt in a drop of the hat, and then the UCLA regents will be like, "Well, we can't be stuck in a lame duck conference. We better try to get the B1G to take us back."

Edited by 2002duck

Let USC go to the B1G and risk turning into another "Nebraska". I think it's worth it for the PAC to try to keep UCLA and add SDSU  if USC does indeed go forward to bolt from the conference. I think the PAC will survive in that scenario. Who knows, maybe eventually USC may ask to be readmitted in the future if it turns out that things are not what they hoped.

Edited by OceaniaDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2022 at 12:15 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

When the fat lady sings (with all the teutonic, viking helmeted, Flight of the Valkyries, operatic, body shaming, misogynistic implications ...)

Wow!  That's a real mouthful there EBDD.  I like it.  You're a real sesquipedalian.

On 11/3/2022 at 5:42 AM, Mic said:

Wow!  That's a real mouthful there EBDD.  I like it.  You're a real sesquipedalian.

My wife has a more succinct way of describing it:

Windbag

• Haha 5