Flaps2

Kenny Dillingham Interview

Dillingham recently had an interview with Bruce Feldman. The assistant coaches are not as available for Q & A's so I like these little nuggets.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 3

Well worth the listen!

• Thumbs Up 1

This is the best interview by a coach I've ever seen!   Thanks Flaps2 for posting it.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is really an enjoyable, interesting, and informative interview.  Many thanks for finding it, Flaps.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Such a refreshingly informative interview.  Coach Dillingham’s energy and edgy honesty is infectious.  The Ducks’ success on offense makes more sense to me now.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"The best coaches are the least stubborn."

I love that.

• Mic drop 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wowsa.  There is some superb "priority" stuff in that interview, and after listening to his relationship with Lanning starting at the 9:30 mark....I am not the least bit worried about Dilly leaving anytime soon.  I urge everyone to post great stuff if it has not been already, and thank Flaps2 for sharing it with us.

Dillingham vs UCLA_Fox Sports Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/4/2022 at 11:07 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Wowsa.  There is some superb "priority" stuff in that interview, and after listening to his relationship with Lanning starting at the 9:30 mark....I am not the least bit worried about Dilly leaving anytime soon.  I urge everyone to post great stuff if it has not been already, and thank Flaps2 for sharing it with us.

What I got out of that interview is that the coaches themselves have formed a team and they are out playing the competition every week. We often see coaches act in their individual interest and jump at the first available promotion out there even if they jump right into a dumpster fire. These coaches seem to playing the long game of creating team success that could turn into a promotion onto a great organization down the road.

If Dilly jumps at either the ASU or Auburn dumpster fires now, he sets himself up to fail in a few years then he'd have to return to OC for a few more years then take another low level head coach job and rinse and repeat. After a few years of leading a high octane offense into the playoffs, he may end up with a Texas, Notre Dame. LSU type offer.

Lanning and Dilly seem to be reinventing football much like Chip did. I see no reason why they would quit before they have it figured out.

I see Dilly as the ASU coach...in two or three coaching cycles from now at ASU.

Mr. FishDuck

Terrific interview, highly revealing about him as well as Lanning and others. They sound like football nerds. (Not sure they would be much fun at dinner unless you could talk Xs and Ox.) Props also to Feldman for a great interview. He got right at things quickly and asked great follow ups.

What an interesting person.  

On 11/4/2022 at 11:25 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I see Dilly as the ASU coach...in two or three coaching cycles from now at ASU.

Two or three coaching cycles at ASU may only be 18-24 months!

As so many have said in this thread, I really like this guy and what he, Lanning, and other coaches are doing at Oregon.  They strike me as a modern-day sports version of the Beatles during the beginning of the British Invasion (except for the fact that their fans on this forum tend strongly to be middle aged+ men and women rather than screaming teenage girls 😉).