DuckIt

5-Star DL David Hicks Visiting the Ducks this Weekend

GET EM LANNING!  🤞

Edited by DuckIt

WWW.YAHOO.COM

Big news on the recruiting front. According to @ZacharyCNeel, the Ducks are expecting an unofficial visit from Texas A&M 5-star DL...

• Go Ducks! 1

Second or third visit for Mr. Hicks, he officially visited last June.  Reportedly earned high marks from from both the recruit and his father at the time.  Encouraging he is willing to pay his own way for another look.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/9/2022 at 12:44 PM, McDuck said:

Second or third visit for Mr. Hicks, he officially visited last June.  Reportedly earned high marks from from both the recruit and his father at the time.  Encouraging he is willing to pay his own way for another look.

Yeah, the article above said it will be his third visit.  So this will be his second unofficial visit on his own dime.  The Ducks obviously made quite an impression on him. 

I would have thought that his next choice to aTm would have been the Sooners.  Who cares!  Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1

On 11/9/2022 at 2:51 PM, DuckIt said:

I would have thought that his next choice to aTm would have been the Sooners.  Who cares!  Go Ducks!

Neither of those teams are good this year. Now, record alone doesn't really play a role in recruiting but it is telling. Maybe he isn't feeling confident that either of those teams will get him to the playoff and if that is a goal of his then Oregon may become a bigger destination. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2022 at 3:04 PM, David Marsh said:

Neither of those teams are good this year. Now, record alone doesn't really play a role in recruiting but it is telling. Maybe he isn't feeling confident that either of those teams will get him to the playoff and if that is a goal of his then Oregon may become a bigger destination. 

Certainly A&M has to be a disappointment, Okla too, for that matter.  But that's this year, not next.  Perhaps a coaching change in the works for both schools will factor in to his decision.  But David, I don't understand: if he's "officially committed" doesn't that mean he's "committed" and made his decision?  Or is "officially committed" meaningless nowadays?  

This is a big recruiting weekend, and not just for this February, but the staff is planting seeds for a great crop in 2024.

5 Star Edge Elijah Rushing
5 Star IOL Isendre Ahfua
5 Star RB Jason Brown
4 Star WR James Madison II
4 Star CB Dakoda Fields

Oregon Recruiting: 4-star Elijah Rushing announces visit to Eugene

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/9/2022 at 3:50 PM, Mic said:

But David, I don't understand: if he's "officially committed" doesn't that mean he's "committed" and made his decision?  Or is "officially committed" meaningless nowadays?  

These are not signed players until the December signing or the February signing date.  Right now all of them are verbally committed to sign for the 2023 class, which means something because the vast majority do stick with their official verbal commitment.  Oregon will pick off one or two on occasion, and sometimes we lose one or two, but it mostly holds.  For example 5-Star QB Donte Moore has been verbally committed since July...

Five-Star QB Dante Moore commits to Oregon

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, Charles Fischer said:

These are not signed players until the December signing or the February signing date.  Right now all of them are verbally committed to sign for the 2023 class, which means something because the vast majority do stick with their official verbal commitment.  Oregon will pick off one or two on occasion, and sometimes we lose one or two, but it mostly holds.  For example 5-Star QB Donte Moore has been verbally committed since July...

Thanks Charles.  I'm kinda thinking along the lines of why not just drop the verbiage "officially committed" and just call it a "maybe" instead?  😉

On 11/9/2022 at 4:32 PM, Mic said:

Thanks Charles.  I'm kinda thinking along the lines of why not just drop the verbiage "officially committed" and just call it a "maybe" instead?  😉

It isn't maybe.  As I wrote, over 90% of the time, if not 95% of the time--the verbals stick.

You are new at this.  The terminology they use has been around for the 25 years that I've been the message boards, writing articles and following recruiting. 

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/9/2022 at 4:35 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It isn't maybe.  As I wrote, over 90% of the time, if not 95% of the time--the verbals stick.

You are new at this.  The terminology they use has been around for the 25 years that I've been the message boards, writing articles and following recruiting. 

No, I understand.  I was just being factious and kidding, hence the winking face.  Please don't take me too seriously.  

• Thumbs Up 1