FishDuck Article

The 7-Jeff? Defensive Surprises in Store for the Huskies

Oregon’s heated interstate rivalry game this Saturday with the Washington Huskies is a nationally televised primetime matchup of two Top 25 teams. The Huskies featuring Michael Penix Jr, and the No. 1 passing game in college football look to validate their season with an upset win over the Ducks. Can the Ducks scheme up a defensive game plan to slow ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Oregon’s heated interstate rivalry game this Saturday with the Washington Huskies is a nationally televised primetime matchup of two...
  • Go Ducks! 2
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

DAZENCONFUSED..........WOW!

That was a thorough, detailed explanation of the coverage options that Coach Lanning can throw at the little dogs. Thank you.........

Getting pressure on and disrupting the timing for Penix is critical in this game.  Moving Penix off his mark should creaye opportunities for sacks and turnovers.

The little dogs can put up points. Everyime the Ducks defense stymies their offense good things will happen. The huskies will fall 7 more points behind and Bo and the O will chew valuable time off the clock.

Happiness is seeing the little dogs hang their heads and slump yheir shoulders. Especially as the continue a great husky tradition.

Losing to the Oregon Ducks......

Here's hoping Oregon brings a lot of surprises to the Huskies.  Getting into the head of Penix with different coverages is a must.  Havoc must be the order of the day. 

Thanks for a great analysis of defensive adjustments Oregon may make. I always look forward to reading your terrific insights!

• Go Ducks! 1

Just the idea Oregon is, again, adjusting and trying to fool a defense and offense is refreshing. The end of the unimaginative, predictable coaching is something which brings warmth to my heart.

Seeing a dawg team confused, rattled and seeing the game get away quickly will add to the joy. I look forward to Bassa adding that spice as you predict. I also look forward to our DB's getting a or a few pics.

Gonzalez is a special talent and I would love to see him get a pic in this game and then string together pics over the next few games. He deserves some season ending accolades. He wasn't even on the Jim Thorpe Award watch list at the start of the season. I would love to see him at least get mentioned as the season ends.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The 7-Jeff?  I LOVE it!  Dazed....you are amazing, as NOBODY in the Oregon media is providing analysis as you are to FishDuck.  I am very grateful to learn from you.

I am also very grateful to have advertising now in order to be able to pay the photographers well, and get GREAT ones contracted.  There are a number of pictures in that article that are just killer, and adds so much.

Thanks to all you readers for putting up with the advertising, because it truly allow me to get great photographers and pay the bills of both sites.

Bradyn Swinson_Nancy Paiva.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/10/2022 at 6:48 AM, Haywarduck said:

Just the idea Oregon is, again, adjusting and trying to fool a defense and offense is refreshing. The end of the unimaginative, predictable coaching is something which brings warmth to my heart.

If Oregon wants to tread where the Big Dogs tread  (the CFB Playoffs) they will have to show everyone they can handle and overcome a passing offense like UW's.  They kinda did with WSU & Az's but the nation's #1 passing team will be a big test Oregon has to pass.  Imo, winning this game 48-45 isn't going to get them the respect they need from the Playoff committee.  O needs to win this game 42-20 or 45-24.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2022 at 2:05 AM, FishDuck Article said:

Oregon’s heated interstate rivalry game this Saturday with the Washington Huskies is a nationally televised primetime matchup of two Top 25 teams. The Huskies featuring Michael Penix Jr, and the No. 1 passing game in college football look to validate their season with an upset win over the Ducks. Can the Ducks scheme up a defensive game plan to slow ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Oregon’s heated interstate rivalry game this Saturday with the Washington Huskies is a nationally televised primetime matchup of two...

This is one of the best articles about an upcoming matchup I've read this year, Dazed.  Very, very interesting and informative.

On 11/10/2022 at 5:38 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

DAZENCONFUSED..........WOW!

That was a thorough, detailed explanation of the coverage options that Coach Lanning can throw at the little dogs. Thank you.........

Getting pressure on and disrupting the timing for Penix is critical in this game.  Moving Penix off his mark should creaye opportunities for sacks and turnovers.

The little dogs can put up points. Everyime the Ducks defense stymies their offense good things will happen. The huskies will fall 7 more points behind and Bo and the O will chew valuable time off the clock.

Happiness is seeing the little dogs hang their heads and slump yheir shoulders. Especially as the continue a great husky tradition.

Losing to the Oregon Ducks......

You're welcome and I'm very glad you liked the article. Charles and I have covered lots of ground from preseason until now about the Ducks defense. 

We both expected more havoc with lots of sacks and tackles for loss with the loaded talent on defense along the front seven. Boy did we miss on that!

Charles and I were the first Oregon Duck writers to break that Lanning was running a Bend-Don't-Break-Redux - a Cover-2 with a four-man rush using simulated pressures as the base defense. 

The other Oregon Duck writers across other sites still aren't on top of this story. When you read one of them lament the lack of sacks or the amount of passing yards the Ducks give up - the FishDuck readers know the reason why! And they have known for six weeks.

Charles took the FishDuck readers even farther explaining how Dillingham's offense that's so efficient scoring each possession is along Lanning's Bend-But-Don't break to working shorten the game.

This article today takes the FishDuck readers into what to look for if we are going to see Lanning possibly break out some new things down the stretch of the season. It could be that we don't see them, I've been wrong before. 

Regardless I think the article is a fun read and I hope it provokes some of the FishDck Crew as they watch the game to pay attention to our set's pre-snap. I even hope some of you are telling your family or friends things like - since they are nearing the RedZone we should go Cover-1 here and takeaway the short slant or cross on this third and six. 

That's part of the fun of the game for me. Watching it and thinking how I'd defend the play and then seeing what the coaches run. 

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/10/2022 at 7:56 AM, Mic said:

This is one of the best articles about an upcoming matchup I've read this year, Dazed.  Very, very interesting and informative.

Thanks for the compliment

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 1

Brilliant, DazeNconfused. I feel like I'm now in the 2nd grade, after starting the season in pre-school. You are really good at explanatory writing, which ain't easy. Your articles have made watching the games much more interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2022 at 8:48 AM, jrw said:

Brilliant, DazeNconfused. I feel like I'm now in the 2nd grade, after starting the season in pre-school. You are really good at explanatory writing, which ain't easy. Your articles have made watching the games much more interesting.

Agreed.  It is hard to explain Xs and Os fully, yet make it easy.  He has a knack for that, fortunately for us!

Mr. FishDuck