Charles Fischer

The Bad Luck and Good Luck for Oregon Targeting the Playoff This Year

It is weird the way some years you have such unforeseen elements in your path to the Playoffs.  Having two undefeated B1G teams, an undefeated B12 team with an upstart Tennessee and even an LSU that could mess things up for you is quite a barrier.

But getting help with a two-loss Alabama and having Clemson knocked out--is not something we would have ever foreseen.  And now the biggies....to have FOUR Pac-12 teams in the top 15, FIVE overall in the top 25 is astounding, and we have the schedule lined up to benefit from wins over these ranked teams--provided we get it done.

And...we have more love from the ESPN Playoff Crew than ever before.  Sure Rece is Rece, but I have never heard Joey Galloway pump the Ducks like this.  Even Bear and Dinich are on the Oregon Trail, and having Herbie back feels especially good again.

We have a real shot at the Playoffs because of the good luck of the year, but boy...it is not something anyone could have predicted!

OL5.jpg

• Applause 3

Mr. FishDuck

Rece will come around when we are a 12 - 1 Pac 12 Champ with wins over top 25 teams in our last 4 games.

I guess this is one of those rare times when we want to thank ewe dub . . . for backing in to the top 25 so we can add that win to our resume.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No matter what happens with the CFP, I know that hiring DL and staff reignited Duck football.

That flame was going out and these guys brought diesel, with a little gas added to give it some punch, and threw it onto a program just in the nick of time. 

A good season, could rival one of our best. Totally unexpected. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/10/2022 at 10:22 AM, Drake said:

No matter what happens with the CFP, I know that hiring DL and staff reignited Duck football.

That flame was going out and these guys brought diesel, with a little gas added to give it some punch, and threw it onto a program just in the nick of time. 

The long-term impact of your words is immeasurable for Oregon fans.  It is fun watching Duck football now, and will be even better with the Lanning/Lupoi defense fully installed in future years.

Taki by J3P.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, Charles Fischer said:

The long-term impact of your words is immeasurable for Oregon fans.  It is fun watching Duck football now, and will be even better with the Lanning/Lupoi defense fully installed in future years.

Taki by J3P.jpg

I can't wait for DL years 3 and 4 when he and Lupoi are primarily working with players they recruited.  It should be a lot of fun to watch that defense.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 11/10/2022 at 10:44 AM, kirklandduck said:

he and Lupoi are primarily working with players they recruited.

And Klemm continuing to bring in those soft handed (Josh Conerly) road grader types.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can't imagine a better way to integrate a 5☆ kid into the program than to get him on the field for significant reps as a true freshman, name an offensive alignment for him then throw him a touchdown pass out of that alignment. They don't do that at Al-a-bama!

What a great inducement for other high talent kids to come to Eugene. I think it is the excitement and creativity that Lanning & Co have brought back to Oregon football that has so many excited for the future. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, Charles Fischer said:

It is fun watching Duck football now, and will be even better with the Lanning/Lupoi defense fully installed in future years.

Yes, the future looks bright! Especially if there is enough money to keep Dilly around.

This offense, with a defense that creates havoc, would be unstoppable.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2022 at 11:49 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

I can't imagine a better way to integrate a 5☆ kid into the program than to get him on the field for significant reps as a true freshman, name an offensive alignment for him then throw him a touchdown pass out of that alignment. They don't do that at Al-a-bama!

What a great inducement for other high talent kids to come to Eugene. I think it is the excitement and creativity that Lanning & Co have brought back to Oregon football that has so many excited for the future. 

And now we have Dazed & Confused naming a new defensive scheme (the 7-Jeff) after Jeffrey Bassa.  This is fun!

• Go Ducks! 1