Ktmguy2018

Cardwell To the Portal

I do not think anyone was super surprised at this...I think he may have gotten 12 carries this year...if that.

247SPORTS.COM

Byron Cardwell becomes the latest Oregon Ducks football program member to enter the transfer...

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles

This does not surprise me.

It sounded this was the way it was going when he had basically recovered from his injury and didn't want to get back on the field so he could preserve his redshirt. 

Irving and Whittington are beasts and I can see breaking into that duo's rotation would be pretty hard. That and James is looking like a big time player and with Dante Dowell coming in as well, Oregon's runningback room is LOADED. 

It will be interesting to see whether Sean Dollars stays or goes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him follow Seven down to The U. He did well in Mario’s system.

I looked at Cardwell to be a breakout player this year, without T. Dye.  Wonder how much the injury played a part vs. just getting beat out by Bucky and Noah? Was he in the coach’s doghouse for some reason?

I think that Cardwell could do really well if he finds the right system. Wish him the best. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/29/2022 at 4:31 PM, OregonDucks said:

I looked at Cardwell to be a breakout player this year, without T. Dye.  Wonder how much the injury played a part vs. just getting beat out by Bucky and Noah? Was he in the coach’s doghouse for some reason?

I think that Cardwell could do really well if he finds the right system. Wish him the best. 

I think that when he found himself third string, he decided to take a red shirt and portal out. Ducks are more loaded at running back than I can remember. And that's even with Tre Benson portaling out last year.