12Duck72

Franco Harris Dies at 72

I know it's not Duck related but Franco Harris has passed today. He was 72. As a young kid the Steelers of the 70's were the main reason for me falling in love with football. My room was covered with Steelers swag. I since moved on to the 49ers when I saw Joe play but the Steelers have always had a special place in my heart. Thanks for the memories Franco and God bless.

• Thanks 1

I am also from that generation. As a boy I loved the steelers. Everyone know the catch he snagged of the turf, the Immaculate Reception. RIP Sir.

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Harris made the play that became the "Immaculate Reception" in 1972 against the...

• Thumbs Up 1

What awful news to wake up to this morning.  The first game I ever watched and understood was Super Bowl IX (Steelers/Vikings).  Became a huge Steelers fan that day and it's been a lifelong passion.  Guys like Franco Harris, Joe Greene, Mel Blount, and Jack Lambert were my childhood heroes.  A few years later I started following the Ducks.  Almost my entire t-shirt wardrobe is Steelers, Ducks, and Pepperdine.

I hurts to see guys I followed so passionately passing away.

• Thumbs Up 2

The 70’s Steelers defined football for a decade. RIP Franco.

On the anniversary of the "Immaculate Reception" as well.  RIP #32.

The Immaculate Reception happened on 12/23/72.

On 12/21/2022 at 5:13 AM, 12Duck72 said:

I know it's not Duck related but Franco Harris has passed today. He was 72. As a young kid the Steelers of the 70's were the main reason for me falling in love with football. My room was covered with Steelers swag. I since moved on to the 49ers when I saw Joe play but the Steelers have always had a special place in my heart. Thanks for the memories Franco and God bless.

I'm a long-time Bears fan, never too much interested in Pittsburg but you had to hand it to them for the SB runs they had.  Franco was one of those guys that was easy for fans of other teams to like even in they weren't Steeler fans.  I'm sorry to hear of his passing.  Nowadays, 72 isn't that old anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1