Ktmguy2018

Breaking: 5-Star Edge Matayo Uiagalelei has Committed to be a DUCK!!

Awesome pickup! 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Amazing turn of events!  Our D will be full of amazing athletes next fall between who's already there and who is now inked to join the team. There's a bowl game today right? With all this excitement that might be getting lost in the background. 😉

This is HUGE news!  Wonder if the NIL money that freed up with Moore choosing UCLA was spread around to some of these top prospects?

Much better investment, IMO. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Tosh Lupoi just earned his paycheck today!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

On 12/21/2022 at 9:34 AM, OregonDucks said:

Much better investment, IMO. 

I agree.  

I LOVE that DL addressed an immediate need with an absolute home run sign!!

I thought the school who signed him would also have to bring in brother as part of a package deal. I don’t see that happening now that Nix is returning. Any one see it differently?

This is a good start to a possibly very big day for Oregon.

Edited by Mic

On 12/21/2022 at 9:40 AM, Legion said:

I thought the school who signed him would also have to bring in brother as part of a package deal. I don’t see that happening now that Nix is returning. Any one see it differently?

I also thought the same...but DJ won't beat out Bo and I don't think he wants to transfer to be a backup.

On 12/21/2022 at 9:30 AM, Principal Duck said:

Amazing turn of events!  Our D will be full of amazing athletes next fall between who's already there and who is now inked to join the team. There's a bowl game today right? With all this excitement that might be getting lost in the background. 😉

It's a good thing Caleb Williams has some mobility....because he's gonna NEED it!!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is turning out to be one of the best and most exciting signing days in the history of Oregon football, and there is much more yet to come. My hat is off to Coach Dan Lanning and his staff.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It’s sad that Matayo couldn’t announce it himself, as he has been in the hospital the past couple of days. Hope it’s nothing serious and he gets better soon. 

Can’t wait to watch him in Eugene!!! Go Ducks!!!!

Wow…Oregon is all in on helping DL and staff put together a title contender. I don’t personally know the people behind the purse strings, but….

THANK YOU

Watching Matayo’s highlight tapes, he doesn’t appear to have the raw quickness as Kayvon (very few do) but he appears bigger/ stronger at the same age, very athletic and I really liked his motor/relentlessly.  Hopefully he is an immediate impact player for the Ducks for a huge position of need. 

Edited by OregonDucks
Typo

Five-Star Edge Matayo Uiagalelei breaks down his commitment to Oregon

“I just had a great comfort level with Oregon,” Uiagalelei said. “I felt really comfortable

with the coaches and a lot of the players on the team and loved my visits every time I was there.

“I took my official visit in the summer and it felt like a big family for me. The coaching staff was

great to be around and Oregon just felt like the best all around fit for me.”

Tosh Lupoi was the lead recruiter for Uiagalelei and lived up to his reputation as one of the best closers in the business.

247SPORTS.COM

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco athlete Matayo Uiagalelei announced moments ago he will play his college ball for the...