QuackAttack

Offense Play Calling

It is completely baffling to understand why Bucky Irving has been coming out of the game with as successful as he’s been running the ball Whittington hasn’t done much there’s just no justification for pulling Bucky out of the game at any point at this point in the game

The Ducks really missing Dilly right now - jus' sayin'. Very predictable play-calling. I'm afraid we're going to lose this game - still keeping the faith though.

Good thing that Bo Nix already announced he is coming back next year.  If he waited until after the Holiday Bowl, he might have made a different decision. 

On 12/28/2022 at 7:52 PM, OregonDucks said:

Good thing that Bo Nix already announced he is coming back next year.  If he waited until after the Holiday Bowl, he might have made a different decision. 

Disagree…..after the Holiday Bowl he has to come back. In his defense he clearly was not 100 percent.

• Applause 1

On 12/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, QuackAttack said:

It is completely baffling to understand why Bucky Irving has been coming out of the game with as successful as he’s been running the ball Whittington hasn’t done much there’s just no justification for pulling Bucky out of the game at any point at this point in the game

Who was calling the plays tonight? There were several bead scratching calls.Cota….one target in the first half? And where was Hutson? I am glad Ferguson was more involved than he has been recently. And, yes, why yank Bucky when he was on a roll. 

On 12/28/2022 at 7:37 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

The Ducks really missing Dilly right now - jus' sayin'. Very predictable play-calling. I'm afraid we're going to lose this game - still keeping the faith though.

Well even with Dilly we have seen a runningback rotation that has at times been frustrating to watch.

I found it so frustrating on the last offensive series where it was 3rd and 6 and Irving wasn't even in the game. 

In truth I've been shouting about this for well over a month now or variations of this... The ducks need to have their hot runningback in the game next to Nix even if they have no intention of running the ball because that player's presence says that Oregon might run the ball and forces the defense to defend against it. 

Then the winning play of the game if you watch the offense you will see Irving is on the field and just blocks a rusher, giving Nix the extra half a second to make the pass to Cota. 

I'm hoping Stein has a bit of a different philosophy for runningbacks. I love putting fresh legs on the field but not at the cost of keeping the hot hand on the sideline.

Even with all these restrictions put on Irving he still ran for more than 1k yards this year... An absolute beast. 

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/29/2022 at 12:46 AM, DUCKED said:

Who was calling the plays tonight? There were several bead scratching calls.Cota….one target in the first half? And where was Hutson? I am glad Ferguson was more involved than he has been recently. And, yes, why yank Bucky when he was on a roll. 

Mehringer was calling plays.