Annie

Penalties in Holiday Bowl?

I don't think there were any false starts. Also, I don't think there were any personal fouls (late hits, targeting). Is this right? If it is true, I'd definitely like to see this trend continue.

I think there were a couple of pass interference calls, but so often the PI is better than allowing the catch.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

OBD had more than one penalty for too many men on the field. Players are not hustling off the field enough.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think, in general, we improved penalty-wise over the Mari0 years. 

I don’t have the stats, but that was my impression. 

Penalties have been the aspect of OBD that has disappointed me most since the Helfrich years.

There’s just no excuse to get tons of penalties. Obviously, there is such a thing as a “good” penalty. And sometimes there is excessive noise or unfair play by the other team that draws penalties, but those should be few and far between. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon has a facemasking penalty.

But otherwise a pretty clean game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

B1G officials.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2022 at 3:15 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

I think, in general, we improved penalty-wise over the Mari0 years. 

I don’t have the stats, but that was my impression. 

Penalties have been the aspect of OBD that has disappointed me most since the Helfrich years.

There’s just no excuse to get tons of penalties. Obviously, there is such a thing as a “good” penalty. And sometimes there is excessive noise or unfair play by the other team that draws penalties, but those should be few and far between. 

Excessive noise? Please explain?

Bridges, for at least one, has developed, so that he's turning around to track the ball. That way, when he makes contact with the receiver, he isn't going to automatically draw a penalty. He did that at least a couple of times in the Holiday Bowl.

Whereas, the NC defensive backs never turned around, made contact, and were penalized.

• Thumbs Up 3

False starts due to crowd noise or defenses barking signals. 

On 12/30/2022 at 3:30 PM, Dukduponquak said:

Excessive noise? Please explain?

• Thanks 1