duck023

The Holiday Bowl Was Great!

I'm starting to change my mind about the Holiday Bowl. I'm starting to think it is the 2nd best bowl game that the Pac 12 automatically go to besides the Rose Bowl. I originally thought it was the Sun Bowl but something about the Holiday Bowl seems pretty epic now. I don't really like the Alamo Bowl. 

On 12/31/2022 at 11:59 AM, duck023 said:

I don't really like the Alamo Bowl. 

No one likes the Alamo Bowl... or at least Oregon fans.

We shouldn't speak it's name!

On 12/31/2022 at 11:59 AM, duck023 said:

I'm starting to change my mind about the Holiday Bowl. I'm starting to think it is the 2nd best bowl game that the Pac 12 automatically go to besides the Rose Bowl. I originally thought it was the Sun Bowl but something about the Holiday Bowl seems pretty epic now. I don't really like the Alamo Bowl. 

It's a fun bowl but they need to do something about the field conditions.  Looks like they really took care of the teams with visits to Sea World, the U.S. naval base, etc.

The Vegas bowl should be higher on the Pac pecking order, IMO.

Edited by OregonDucks

On 12/31/2022 at 3:05 PM, OregonDucks said:

It's a fun bowl but they need to do something about the field conditions.  Looks like they really took care of the teams with visits to Sea World, the U.S. naval base, etc.

The Vegas bowl should be higher on the Pac pecking order, IMO.

No NCAA game, let alone a bowl game, should ever be played again at that baseball stadium. 

No wonder the Chargers left Sand Diego. 

On 12/31/2022 at 12:28 PM, David Marsh said:

No one likes the Alamo Bowl... or at least Oregon fans.

We shouldn't speak it's name!

Oregon destroyed Texas in an Alamo Bowl and as great as Texas is as a program no one really cared. Ok this is my hotake this victory over North Carolina meant more than the blow out over Texas.

I'm going further Joey Harrington's Holiday Bowl win by 7 points over Texas was better than the 30-7 Alamo Bowl over Texas.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/31/2022 at 6:45 PM, duck023 said:

I'm going further Joey Harrington's Holiday Bowl win by 7 points over Texas was better than the 30-7 Alamo Bowl over Texas.

Yes! I was at that game and it was so exciting and satisfying. 95% of the TX fans were obnoxious and so sure they were going to win, and before the game Texas kept saying how the Holiday Bowl was going to launch their run to the national championship the following season....

• Like 1