FishDuck Article

The Oregon Ducks Stein Offense: 2×2 Spread Inside Zone RPO

Since the hiring of Coach Will Stein as the new Oregon Ducks offensive coordinator, it has been pretty well established that he has built a large portion of his offense around RPO concepts. And we’ve kind of taken a basic surface-level look at a couple of different RPOs. Now let’s go just a little bit deeper...

FISHDUCK.COM

Since the hiring of Coach Will Stein as the new Oregon Ducks offensive coordinator, it has been pretty well established that he has built a large...

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

This is a fantastic analysis, explaining the pre-snap reads for an RPO… Not to be missed for all Duck Fans!

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Can't wait to see Will Stein's offense in action with Bo Nix as the QB!  Especially with all the RPOs in the mix.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Makes one wonder how defenses can defend an offense with so many options, weapons. It also makes you realize why the LB position is so critical to an effective defense with the RPO. A LB needs to be able to read an offense, be incredibly savvy, and be able to move like cat while hitting like a truck. 

• Thumbs Up 6

These reviews are great!

I am confident that Bo Nix will be successful and provide stability at the QB position with Will Stein taking over as OC. The biggest concerns I had when KD left was what type of offensive style would the new OC run, and did we have the personnel to plug into that style.

Nix’s decision to come back solved a lot of concerns about personnel, and Stein’s offensive style leads me to believe that we can score a lot of points with a savvy QB, great RBs, and solid receivers. Wild card is just the OL and how quickly they can gel as a unit. 

Exciting stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 2

As always, thank you, Coach!

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love these articles, thanks Coach!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/13/2023 at 11:54 AM, Drake said:

These reviews are great!

I am confident that Bo Nix will be successful and provide stability at the QB position with Will Stein taking over as OC. The biggest concerns I had when KD left was what type of offensive style would the new OC run, and did we have the personnel to plug into that style.

Nix’s decision to come back solved a lot of concerns about personnel, and Stein’s offensive style leads me to believe that we can score a lot of points with a savvy QB, great RBs, and solid receivers. Wild card is just the OL and how quickly they can gel as a unit. 

Exciting stuff. 

The really nice part is that Coach Stein’s offense is pretty much the same as Coach Dillingham’s but with a bit of an uptick in RPOs. So it should be a pretty smooth transition. 

Thanks, Coach Boles!  I will be curious to see how the TE room develops through the Spring and Summer as Coach Stein implements his offense.  Hopefully, Sadiq is an early enrollee who can give us a peak at his potential, despite Coach Lanning's historical tendency to not play freshman.  I wonder, too, about Kyle Kasper and how he might fit in moving forward.