Pennsylvania Duck

Realignment, NIL, Playoff Expansion: The New-Look College Football Is Here

Not long from now, the sport you know and love will look very different than it does today.

Sure, college football has been undergoing a massive renovation over the past decade. The only constant has been change. But the alterations that are set to take place before the 2024 season are about to completely reshape the sport.

Here is what's coming sooner than later:

1. 1. The Death of Divisions
  2. 2. Settling in with NIL and the Transfer Portal
  3. 3. Texas and Oklahoma Head West
  4. 4. USC and UCLA Head East
  5. 5. College Football Playoff Expansion

This article sums up the changes at the doorsteps of every team really well...

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

Not long from now, the sport you know and love will look very different than it does today. Sure, college football has been...

• Thumbs Up 1

Now let's see if Oregon and Washington are still in the PAC for 2024.

Sorry if this is a double post but OK/UT are both headed east and not west. SEC HQ is in Birmingham, Alabama.

Every SEC school lies east of Norman, OK, and Austin, TX.

On 2/18/2023 at 9:21 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Sorry if this is a double post but OK/UT are both headed east and not west. SEC HQ is in Birmingham, Alabama.

Every SEC school lies east of Norman, OK, and Austin, TX.

While I initially thought this also, the guy is obviously referring to the SEC West. He did it just so it would look cute with saying those Cali schools are going east.

On 2/18/2023 at 6:07 AM, 1Funduck said:

Now let's see if Oregon and Washington are still in the PAC for 2024.

Hope so.

Edited by Jon Sousa
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:36 PM, Jon Sousa said:

While I initially thought this also, the guy is obviously referring to the SEC West. He did it just so it would look cute with saying those Cali schools are going east.

John, probably trying to be cute but when OK/TX join the SEC, I expect divisions to disappear in favor of a 3-6-6 model. There will be no SEC W just as there is no Pac north and south.

In his article, Kramer brings up that the changes taking place will reshape the way we view and watch football.

It probably will for the 4 traitors and their local fan bases.  OU vs Georgia, Texas vs Bama, tOSU vs USC will capture a national audience. However with 16 plus teams in a conference how often will these match ups occur?

Now 3 of the 4 traitors will have their share of 10-2 seasons and make the expanded CFP. What will their ratings be when they go 8-4. GEEZ Texas cant even win the BIG12 title against some fairly easy teams. The Longhorns havent won the title since 2009. OU won the BIG 12 muliple times but got destroyed in the CFP. Those 2 schools couldnt even beat TCU. We all saw what happened to TCU against the Dawgs. It will be a long road for UT and OU to be elite in the SEC.

UCLA against anybody wont move the rating meter. Hec, Bruin fans dont watch, in mass numbers, when they play the Ducks. Bruin fans wont watch when their playing Purdue, Northwestern, Rutgers, etc. 8-4 will be a great year for bruin football.

Will the west region watch? WIll you watch? The Bruins are not a national football brand! FOX and ESPN can try and dress up that pig but it wont fly. I have watched the Bruins and their pig stye travel companions when they werent playing the Ducks. Their games were relevant to the entire west region. NOT ANYMORE!

Of course this is just my opinion.  However, Kramer is right, it will change how i watch and view college football.

I left any comments about usc out of my comments because they and their deceitful president are the worst kind of partners. They look you right in the eye and lie to your face. How do you feel when someone does that to you?

Remember UT and OU were headed to the PAC 12. But the deceitful usc president and 2 other presidents voted no.

This mess was avoidable. Adding OU, OSU, UT and TT to the existing PAC 12 the media revenue would have been $75 million annually to each PAC school. The PAC 16 woild have rivaled all other conferences Who in the hec votes no to that?

I need to get some cheese to go with my whine. Perhaps I can eat my sour grapes instead of drinking them.

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

Great take Happy. UCLA is along for the ride only because FOX wanted to shut ESPN out of LA.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/19/2023 at 7:16 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Now 3 of the 4 traitors will have their share of 10-2 seasons and make the expanded CFP. What will their ratings be when they go 8-4. GEEZ Texas cant even win the BIG12 title against some fairly easy teams. The Longhorns haven't won the title since 2009. OU won the BIG 12 multiple times but got destroyed in the CFP. Those 2 schools couldn't even beat TCU. We all saw what happened to TCU against the Dawgs. It will be a long road for UT and OU to be elite in the SEC.

UCLA against anybody wont move the rating meter. Heck, Bruin fans don't watch, in mass numbers, when they play the Ducks. Bruin fans wont watch when their playing Purdue, Northwestern, Rutgers, etc. 8-4 will be a great year for bruin football.

Outstanding post--so much that I believe will play out as the truth.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Hayes: Sources convinced Big Ten isn't finished raiding the Pac-12

So we’re going to continue with this charade, this exercise in futility, despite the inevitable.

The Pac-12 may soon sign a new, undervalued media rights deal. The Pac-12 may soon believe it has saved itself for the time being.

But ladies and gentlemen, the Pac-12 isn’t long for the new college sports landscape.

“If anyone thinks the Big Ten isn’t coming back for more, they’re not following along,” an industry source told Saturday Out West this week.

The official end of the wildly underrated Pac-12 arrives when the Big Ten finds a media rights partner — network or cable television, and/or a streaming service — to foot the bill for the conference to add more schools from the Pac-12.

Because the Big Ten isn’t leaving USC and UCLA alone on the West coast. It must protect its investment.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

'If anyone thinks the Big Ten isn't coming back for more, they're not following along,' a source told our Matt Hayes. Bottom line: The Pac-12 is in trouble as a Power 5 league.

A 6 team west coast pod, is much more feasible for Olympic sport student athletes.  

• Thumbs Up 1