12Duck72

Big 12 Talking to 4 Corners?

I know there is a lot people who think all this is just "clickbait". So I will just post this fron CBS Sports and do a disappearing Homer.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-12-in-contact-with-arizona-arizona-state-colorado-utah-as-pac-12-media-rights-future-remains-uncertain/

• Yikes! 1

I think there is a song by Beyonce, 'single ladies' that speaks to putting a ring on it. It seems like all the teams have been single for a while with the lack of leadership at the top. 

George needs to put a ring on it, or he is liable to lose it all. Compete with the big boys for the Pac-whateverisleft, or you might be the biggest loser. 

What program in their right mind is going to sit around while the rest are getting their golden rings. George seems to be out talking to everyone, not getting it done. Maybe losing usc and ucla wasn't enough to get George off his hiney.

In the end Oregon will be just fine, but it is sad to see the once proud, conference of champions, fold up like a cheap suit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I stopped at based on sources close to Dennis Dodd.  I generally don't subscribe to the 'media bias' horse pucky but I'm starting to make an exception for CBS, Mr. Dodd and the Big 10.  They have beaten the Pac-12 is doomed drum relentlessly.

Remember CBS will profit handsomely from their B1G contract but they would do even better without the Pac.  Guessing the sports arm has more editorial discretion than the actual news division.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/3/2023 at 3:32 PM, McDuck said:

I stopped at based on sources close to Dennis Dodd.  I generally don't subscribe to the 'media bias' horse pucky but I'm starting to make an exception for CBS, Mr. Dodd and the Big 10.  They have beaten the Pac-12 is doomed drum relentlessly.

Remember CBS will profit handsomely from their B1G contract but they would do even better without the Pac.  Guessing the sports arm has more editorial discretion than the actual news division.

Couldn't agree more.  CBS/Dodd have been aggressively promoting the demise of the P12.  I basically consume every clickbait I can find right now, but NOT from CBS.

I get the feeling that the B1G is waiting for something like this to happens so the rest of the P12 will come begging to join. That gives the B1G the upper hand as if they didn't already have. 

Canzano had this to say about these rumors:

“• I’ve had a number of athletic directors tell me they remain confident that the Pac-12 is going to get a favorable deal done and the 10 current members will remain intact. Still, it’s taking time and there are some interesting forces at work trying to undermine the effort. Be careful with what you see reported, particularly from non-sourced entities.

• Keep in mind, the votes of the presidents and chancellors are the only ones that count. The ADs are key stakeholders. But the academics that comprise the Pac-12 CEO Group ultimately hold the votes.

• We all might be tired of talking/fretting about the ongoing Pac-12 saga, but the decision-makers themselves don’t appear antsy. The board members are far more focused on cutting a shrewd, smart, sensible deal for the most revenue possible.”

Edited by lownslowav8r
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

On 3/3/2023 at 4:01 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

the rest of the P12 will come begging to join

We've already been begging. The only thing I could think of that we have not told them is that we'll accept $0.00 for a year or two!

This is the second BS article by this clown in a week.  His source is always unnamed. UNNAMED.....

IF u aren't in the room how the hec do you know that negotiations are floundering? Is your source a fly on the wall? 

For what it is worth because this writer is worthless, Wilner and Canzano have QUOTED PAC Presidents and AD's. Not unnamed sources.

Common sense at some point should apply..........

• Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1