Duckdude

Aaron Wise Withdraws From the Masters Tournament

He has been struggling this year. I hope he can figure things out. He is one of a handful of golfers I follow regularly. I'm pulling for him.

Bummer! 

For the 5th decade in a row, my invite to play at the Masters in Augusta has been lost in the mail!

Aaron can move the ball with the best distance wise but he is streaky based on a not-so-solid putting game.

Lots of fun to watch Aaron play. Used to love to watch Jake on the regular and then on the senior tour.

On 3/31/2023 at 6:01 PM, DUCati855 said:

He has been struggling this year. I hope he can figure things out. He is one of a handful of golfers I follow regularly. I'm pulling for him.

So, so much at the level Aaron plays on is about chipping and putting. He can launch it but it always comes down to drive for show and putt for dough.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a pretty surprising development.  I've seen him play recently and he seemed to be doing okay.  Hopefully there's not more to it than coping with what he considers sub par performance, but odd he picked this week to step away.  I'd give most anything to be able to play that course.

On 3/31/2023 at 4:22 PM, 47sgs said:

That's a pretty surprising development.  I've seen him play recently and he seemed to be doing okay.  Hopefully there's not more to it than coping with what he considers sub par performance, but odd he picked this week to step away.  I'd give most anything to be able to play that course.

He has missed the cut at 4 of his last 5 tournaments. For Aaron that has to be tough... and not up to his standard or ability. Hope he can get it sorted.

Unless Aaron is injured or has a major personal issue to deal with, I don’t understand this decision. The Masters is one of the majors and top players only get so many opportunities to play in the Masters over their careers (unless they win a green jacket).  

Might as well go down swinging…

image.gif.072cbc1a24f15dd022c20e602d4da415.gif

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 2

Aaron Wise has plenty of money, so that helps. It's tough for me to judge him, but you can't miss the Masters. If he even made the cut that could have helped turn his season around. Now what?

If he was afraid he was going to finish last that does not mean he won't finish last in his next tournament. 

• Thumbs Up 1