NJDuck

Sources: Pac-12 TV Deal Expected Later This Spring or Summer

The timeline for the Pac-12's upcoming television deal is coming into focus, and sources told ESPN on Thursday that no deal is expected for a few more months.

The Pac-12 remains engaged with multiple media partners, per sources. Those include streaming services, which have developed a reputation for deliberate contract negotiations, in part because they don't have the same decades of experience in the space as traditional networks.

The timeline of their deal, as currently expected, appears to be in line with how the Big Ten's timeline unfolded.  The Big Ten's deal was announced in August, nearly a year from when the new one would come into fruition.

WWW.ESPN.COM

A timeline for the Pac-12's upcoming television deal is coming into focus and is expected sometime later this spring or summer, sources told ESPN on Thursday.

• Thumbs Up 1

"The Pac-12 remains engaged with multiple media partners, per sources. Those include streaming services, which have developed a reputation for deliberate contract negotiations, in part because they don't have the same decades of experience in the space as traditional networks."

So how about that?  What Canzano reported is being confirmed, and as for Dennis Dodd?

Female Fan_KC_FP.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I'm 100% sure that Oregon and Washington will leave for the Big Ten, the new B1G commish will probably be there before the Pac-12 deal happens.

On 4/6/2023 at 5:15 PM, Thomallister1291 said:

new B1G commish

Kevin Warren's last day is on April 17th. Here's hoping they announce his replacement quickly. 

The only media deal will hopefully be the right deal for all the PAC members. Whether its the PAC 10, 12 or 16! The right media deal!

The more media partners the more inventory necessary. That means more members.

I  feel confident that this is a complicated negotiation. So patience will be necessary. ESPN, Amazon and Apple will want whats best for them. The PAC will want whats best for them. And ultimately the lawyers will tell them what they can get.

If i was representing the networks, i would have serious concerns that the PAC doesnt have enough quality games to fill everyones needs. It may be the elephant in the room.

More bad news on the new media agreement up on Fansided and The Athletic today.  

I refuse to post any more of this negative stuff. What's the use? 

At this point, all of these negative takes are simply piling on. 

The absence of a deal after months of negotiation speaks for itself.

I knew the PAC was screwed the day the 10 remaining universities released the statement saying they were committed to each other and would announce a new media rights deal soon.  That was February 13. Nearly two months later and it’s still not “the very near future”.  

The 10 Pac-12 universities look forward to consummating successful media rights deal(s) in the very near future. Based upon positive conversations with multiple potential media rights partners over the past weeks, we remain highly confident in our future growth and success as a conference and united in our commitment to one another.”

On 4/7/2023 at 1:21 PM, Rufus said:

I knew the PAC was screwed the day the 10 remaining universities released the statement saying they were committed to each other and would announce a new media rights deal soon.  That was February 13. Nearly two months later and it’s still not “the very near future”.  

The 10 Pac-12 universities look forward to consummating successful media rights deal(s) in the very near future. Based upon positive conversations with multiple potential media rights partners over the past weeks, we remain highly confident in our future growth and success as a conference and united in our commitment to one another.”

The dreaded affirmation of agreement. To think, we could have a Pac-20 with USC and maybe UCLA getting a bigger share of the revenue pie but SC's Carol Folt led the charge against expansion. 

It's every Spoiled Child for itself. As a Ducks fan, I wish I had standing to file suit. 

I don't think it is that bad, and rather than make pronouncements--I'd rather wait and see what we get as a conference.  In all probability--it will be a nice 5-6 year stop gap of revenue for Oregon until bigger decisions are made.

I mean, it's a short drink of
revenue...what could go wrong?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Uhh Huhh...

I'll believe it when I see it...

On 4/7/2023 at 9:34 AM, Jon Joseph said:

The absence of a deal after months of negotiation speaks for itself.

‘Absence’ for the media always represents a time for panic. Since they can only deal in differing levels of hearsay, the image of reality remains inconclusive, and therefore exceedingly frustrating because what they desire is a definitive answer. That’s always the reality for those on the outside looking in.

On the other hand, ‘absence’ for those responsible for creating that answer simply means accepting the time element required  in order to arrive at an answer.

So long as the PAC?? remains a work in progress, with the universities pondering potential dance partners, the potential media partners must suspend judgement awaiting that answer. How else can it be? 

No body likes it, but you can’t count your chickens until the hen has laid the eggs.

• Thumbs Up 1