Steven A

Looks Like Mich St's ATM Just Got Shutdown

WWW.MSN.COM

Michigan State has been one of the schools benefitting the most from the legalization of college athletes receiving money for their...

We'll see if this results in a lot of athletes jumping ship in the portal for "greener" pastures.

On 6/3/2023 at 2:35 PM, Jon Sousa said:

We'll see if this results in a lot of athletes jumping ship in the portal for "greener" pastures.

The 2022 starting QB has left town and is at Auburn. The Spartans' top receiver in 2022 also entered the portal.

The money being paid to a coach with very little experience and not all that great when it comes to recruiting is simply insane.

IMO, CU is far better off with Prime than it was with this guy.

I know Nike isn't a professional team, but I would think Nike would have the biggest conflict of interest of anybody on the planet.  I think it is weird, but I won't complain.

He can just give Michigan St. collective money and then that collective can dish out the NIL money.  I doubt he is done giving money to the athletic department.

A conflict of interest, in this case, would seem to focus on a possible influential narrowing of athletes’ choices to one destination, and not the products they wear. Phil Knight and Nike spread the wealth wherever they perceive a benefit may exist for the company’s products, which are worn by too many colleges to ever tie Nike and Phil specifically to Oregon.

I wonder if the real issue here is the source of family money was United Wholesale Mortgage. The residential mortgage business has slowed dramatically, the commercial mortgage business has stopped. The well might be empty.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/5/2023 at 12:43 PM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

I wonder if the real issue here is the source of family money was United Wholesale Mortgage. The residential mortgage business has slowed dramatically, the commercial mortgage business has stopped. The well might be empty.

Great take. I've been wondering if Disney?ESPN and Fox are going to be able to cover the checks they have promised?

• Go Ducks! 1