chrisjenn99

Rough Way for Schill to Start His Tenure!

WWW.ESPN.COM

Northwestern fired longtime coach Pat Fitzgerald amid allegations of widespread hazing within the football program. Defensive...

• Wow 1

Very tough situation.   I find it difficult to believe that Fitzgerald did not know what was going on.  If he truly did not, then he is out of touch with his team and should not be coaching.  This type of thing has no place in the game and Fitzgerald knows that.   Not attempting to lecture here but the "i didn't know' story just doesn't add up in this situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it had just started last season, maybe 2 seasons ago, I can maybe see a head coach not getting a whiff of it, but it being part of the team culture for years, not a chance he didn't hear of it.

Meathead?

Pot, meet kettle. 

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

For all the ways football has changed for the better, clearly there is still a ways to go inside certain locker rooms

David Shaw? Guffaw! I don't think David wants to be the Vandy of the B1G.

FANSIDED.COM

Northwestern fired Pat Fitzgerald after hazing and culture issues came to light. With the season approaching, these hires would...

Matt 'Purple' Hayes weighs in. And the NLRB has filed a complaint against NW, a copy of the complaint filed against USC and the Pac-12. Why are these complaints never filed against the SEC?

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Allegations of hazing and racism within the program led Northwestern to fire the widely respected coach who took the...

Just not enough info to really have an informed opinion, other than a sad day for Northwestern, and college football.

• Thumbs Up 1

That’s why team leaders on both sides of the ball need to step in and discourage this type of behavior and also assistants can play a part in policing. If the head coach has to handle the situation then it has gotten totally out of control.

• Great post! 1

I have a friend that is on the board of Northwestern, he say that Schiff could end up getting canned.  What a tragedy, thank Good Gosh he's gone from Eugene.

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2023 at 1:45 PM, mrspenney said:

I have a friend that is on the board of Northwestern, he say that Schiff could end up getting canned.  What a tragedy, thank Good Gosh he's gone from Eugene.

Not a good light on Schiff. First big decision and he misses big time.

Unknown-1.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

And now their baseball coach is dismissed. 

• Wow 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 7/14/2023 at 12:08 PM, LB48 said:

And now their baseball coach is dismissed. 

Will Schill and/or the AD be next?

The Bald Faced Truth Podcast with John Canzano

John Canzano talks to ESPN senior college football writer Adam Rittenberg about the hazing scandal at Northwestern that led to the firing of head coach Pat Fitzgerald, former University of Oregon and current Northwestern President Michael Schill's decision-making process, the NCAA's fines for Tennessee's football program, and the overall expectations for the Oregon Ducks and Oregon State Beavers this fall.

Canzano posted this to his podcast site yesterday and I thought I would post here for your info...

My Northwestern friend told me there is a movement on to get rid of Schill, big big fireback by the alums.  Oregon is so lucky to have gotten rid of that jerk.  He was one of the very worst presidents the Ducks ever had.

I guess  I don’t know how the hierarchy works here but how does Schill get the blame ? Did he hire these coaches ?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/16/2023 at 2:56 PM, Maebee said:

I guess  I don’t know how the hierarchy works here but how does Schill get the blame ? Did he hire these coaches ?

I wonder too.

On 7/16/2023 at 2:56 PM, Maebee said:

No, but he did initially sign off on a 2 week suspension, it's more how he's handled the punishment that is not even remotely adequate for what was going down.  It's a complicated situation where it's difficult to prove how much Fitzgerald knew about the hazing, or whether he should have known, so you have two sides where it's completely inadequate to only suspend him for 2 weeks in the offseason, but the flip side is firing the most successful coach the program has ever had with no concrete proof that he supported the hazing or even knew about it.  

Northwestern has one of the leading journalism schools in the nation, and boy did the school paper put the heat on the administration!