FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Football: Nate Frazier in Ducks’ Sights

Our Oregon Ducks football program might have missed out on Preston Taumua this weekend, but they still remain the top choice for future superstar tailback Nate Frazier. Coming out of Mater Dei in Santa Ana, CA, Frazier is a true offensive X-factor that could take over the PAC-12 fast. While the entire country is passing game-centric now, it’s never a bad idea ...

You
FISHDUCK.COM

Our Oregon Ducks football program might have missed out on Preston Taumua this weekend, but they still remain the top choice for future...
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

I know we are in the running, but I thought Alabama had the lead for him now.  It gets my heart pumping--thinking about him in green, and we’ll cross our fingers.

Fun information Alex!

Nate Frazier, Mater Dei, Running Back

Mr. FishDuck

"With how Ty Thompson has looked in limited action, let’s all cross our fingers collectively that he’ll inherit a potentially all-time talent at tailback, should he earns the starting job after Nix leaves."

Come, again? Ty who? I'm not so sure about that.

I just saw this evening that Georgia was now the heavy favorite to land Frazier with the Ducks a distant second. The biggest fear in Dawg land is that Frazier will get an enormous NIL offer from aTm that might be hard to turn down. The information as to who leads comes  from the national recruiting analysts "crystal ball" projections. The fear of an enormous NIL offer comes from past ATM recruiting behavior and Dawg paranoia about  it.

I am just passing along what I have run across this evening and have no direct insider information.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2023 at 10:21 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

I just saw this evening that Georgia was now the heavy favorite to land Frazier with the Ducks a distant second. The biggest fear in Dawg land is that Frazier will get an enormous NIL offer from aTm that might be hard to turn down. The information as to who leads comes  from the national recruiting analysts "crystal ball" projections. The fear of an enormous NIL offer comes from past ATM recruiting behavior and Dawg paranoia about  it.

I am just passing along what I have run across this evening and have no direct insider information.

Have seen the same Nevada Dawg.  

I don't think that I share your opinion of Frazier. He does have the triangle numbers one looks for in a top RB. However his penchant for fading to the perimeter where the running is easy, will be harder to come by at the D1 level. He's going to find out on Day 1 of college ball that the Edge guys are bigger/faster and can mirror better than anything he has ever seen in high school. 

I was comping him to Mike Rozier because of the triangle numbers. And it's not an exact science especially when comparing players of different eras. Rozier ran out of an option offense where it was designed to get him to the edge. But Nebraska prided themselves on running the Dive play between the 1 & 2 Gaps too. And that's where you notice the difference between Rozier and Frazier.

Mike Rozier would FINISH his runs by getting small, running behind his pads and punish the tacklers at the second/third levels. You don't see that from Frazier. You see the same upright running style and safety's delivering a clean shot at him. He's not the Hammer. He's the Nail. At the next level the Sefety's are going to knock into next week.

Frazier lacks the skillset that you look for in a top RB. There is no gap-to-gap bounce, no jump step, no bend to get small at the LOS to protect himself. All you see is a Pylon Guy. A JAG.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Interesting analysis ChicoDuck 1. I  haven't seen Frazier's film and might not properly interpret it had I seen it. My enthusiasm for the kid comes from the Georgia recruitniks who swear by the kid and think he fits the Dawgs system just fine. I am not  trying to be argumentative, but those guys rarely miss on the merits of running backs. And Frazier was recently elevated to the number 1 RB recruit for  the 2024 class.

On the other hand, I can think of several instances in recent memory where  #1 recruits at RB ended up having rather unremarkable college success. Maybe Frazier is one of those.

On 7/18/2023 at 4:05 AM, FishDuck Article said:

Our Oregon Ducks football program might have missed out on Preston Taumua this weekend, but they still remain the top choice for future superstar tailback Nate Frazier. Coming out of Mater Dei in Santa Ana, CA, Frazier is a true offensive X-factor that could take over the PAC-12 fast. While the entire country is passing game-centric now, it’s never a bad idea ...

You
FISHDUCK.COM

Our Oregon Ducks football program might have missed out on Preston Taumua this weekend, but they still remain the top choice for future...

Unfortunately, Frazier isn't coming here unless UGA or Bama no longer want him. Last I heard, he's UGA or Bama. Not to be a downer, but that's the reason we took Riggs. RB isn't really a need in this cycle with James and Dowdell waiting in the wings. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Watching Frazier’s tape, he reminded me of Jeremiah Johnson. Appears to have good hands coming out of the backfield and likes to get to the edge where he can use his speed. Not a shifty, tough runner inside the tackles. 

On 7/22/2023 at 10:25 AM, OregonDucks said:

Watching Frazier’s tape, he reminded me of Jeremiah Johnson. Appears to have good hands coming out of the backfield and likes to get to the edge where he can use his speed. Not a shifty, tough runner inside the tackles. 

"NO0ooo! Get him!!!"

• Thumbs Up 1

So many great parts of the that video, but the girl screaming in the background sure adds to the fun!

Mr. FishDuck