The Kamikaze Kid

Pac 12 Releases a Statement

Very disappointed in how George K has handled this. This is not the time to stay silent, which appears to be his management style and look where it has gotten him. The conference is falling apart and you put out a mundane statement like this? I have no confidence that he will put together a good media deal or that he can keep the conference viable. 

• Applause 1

Penn Duck, no joke. They'll pursue expansion after the media deal but there is clearly no viable media deal on the horizon or CU would not have fled. With that as a back drop, I don't see anything stopping more defections to the B12 by teams just looking to get at least 31M before the offer expires. Also hanging SD St out to dry and tripling their buyout for no reason just looks bad.

Sure hope the UO has something up their sleeve because the Pac leadership sure doesn't.

• Applause 1

I'm definitely wondering if the quote about staying quiet is wise, because saying something will remove all doubt about ones' incompetence applies to George. For now we have to give him a little slack because we really don't know what he has done, and he seems to think staying silent is the best course. The quote from George is the deal is getting better the longer we wait, right?

It is interesting George seems to indicate he will act quickly after the media deal is signed. He states 'immediately' after the deal is signed he will embrace expansion. I do wonder what immediately means to someone who seems to have taken so long to do, just about anything.

One thing is for sure Oregon will be just fine, not so sure about some of the other Pac-9 schools. Most schools will need George to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Not George’s finest moment. In fact, not in the top 100. 

On 7/27/2023 at 10:41 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

I don't see anything stopping more defections to the B12 by teams just looking to get at least 31M before the offer expires

I was just on some Big 12 sites and the scuttlebutt is that they expect a second Pac-12 team to come onboard soon.

On 7/27/2023 at 10:51 PM, Haywarduck said:

For now we have to give him a little slack because we really don't know what he has done, and he seems to think staying silent is the best course. The quote from George is the deal is getting better the longer we wait, right?

It appears for the past year, nothing much regarding a media deal has been accomplished. Colorado was expecting numbers at media day and there were none to give them. That sent Colorado back to the Big 12. I don't know for sure that the deal is going to be better the longer we wait. He seems to be wrong on so many of his ideas it is hard to believe him. I don't think teams are willing to wait for long as they need to look out for themselves.

• Yikes! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hmm, George has been saying exactly that for just over a year now. 3 schools have left and rumors are swirling that more may follow. Thats a canned response if ever I've heard one, George. School boards are meeting. Are they united with the PAC? If so, why are they having these meetings pop up upon CU's announcement? 

Another thing. We all have been excoriating Dennis Dodd over these last few months as if he's some kind of Villian. We need to own it, with egg on our face, he was dead on. The B12 did in fact get a PAC member to defect and just might get more. Maybe Dennis Dodd IS a reputable 'journalist'.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tell the world your strategy before it can be implemented? PR? 

More like peeyou with this release.

On 7/28/2023 at 5:10 AM, 1Funduck said:

Another thing. We all have been excoriating Dennis Dodd over these last few months as if he's some kind of Villian. We need to own it, with egg on our face, he was dead on. The B12 did in fact get a PAC member to defect and just might get more. Maybe Dennis Dodd IS a reputable 'journalist

Couldn't have said it better.