Charles Fischer

No Media Deal (Meeting has Concluded)

Not yet anyway...

• Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

Eventually!  LOL!

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The board probably wants time to go over the details of the proposed deal before voting.  Not voting today is not necessarily a bad thing or an indication that it was a terrible deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/1/2023 at 12:35 PM, crazyjeff said:

The board probably wants time to go over the details of the proposed deal before voting.  Not voting today is not necessarily a bad thing or an indication that it was a terrible deal.

A very well grounded comment. Thank you. 

I don't think anyone anticipated signing anything today. 

I also think as fans we misread what this meeting was about. I think we anticipated GK to do a big public presentation for us but that isn't what would have happened if the schools didn't know the deal and didn't sign off on it first. 

I'm sure a lot of schools will be having meetings with those involved who need to know. 

• Thumbs Up 1

We could imagine that all 9 schools had to go back to discuss the details of the potential of the deal.

For example, how many of the games will be streamed, how many will be linear? Does the deal provide enough exposure?

What will the fans monthly cost be to subscribe? Will their be combo packages to purchase?

How many schools will the PAC need to add to provide viewing content? Will the dollar amount increase with more inventory?

I have to remind myself that this is the first of its kind deal. A,streamer having Tier 1 rights.......

Lot's to digest....this could be a 7 course deal!

If UA regents vote to leave the PAC then we know the deal may be short on revenue.

Its amazing that nothing so far has leaked from the meeting? Cant wait for the know it all BIG, SEC and G5 big bloggers to give us the numbers....

GO DUCKS..........

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/1/2023 at 4:02 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

We could imagine that all 9 schools had to go back to discuss the details of the potential of the deal.

For example, how many of the games will be streamed, how many will be linear? Does the deal provide enough exposure?

What will the fans monthly cost be to subscribe? Will their be combo packages to purchase?

How many schools will the PAC need to add to provide viewing content? Will the dollar amount increase with more inventory?

I have to remind myself that this is the first of its kind deal. A,streamer having Tier 1 rights.......

Lot's to digest....this could be a 7 course deal!

If UA regents vote to leave the PAC then we know the deal may be short on revenue.

Its amazing that nothing so far has leaked from the meeting? Cant wait for the know it all BIG, SEC and G5 big bloggers to give us the numbers....

GO DUCKS..........

The meeting in Arizona includes Arizona, ASU., and Northern Arizona. Probably not the locale and setting for U of A to make a decision on the Pac or B12?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/1/2023 at 1:02 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Currently it's the same numbers getting thrown around. Apple tv and 20mil per school. 

But that could just be the pac-12 network and the apple side of things. I'd be shocked if there wasn't some part of media plan that didn't include ESPN or Fox or CBS. 

I'm all for streaming as part of the package... Just not the entire package. 

• Thumbs Up 2

From what I’ve heard and seen it’s all streaming I’d love to know more and I hope we hear more soon. I pray that we can find a more linear partnership with anyone at all, espn just won’t budge and we missed that train months ago. The CW deal no one else has mentioned so perhaps that fell apart also

FYI: OBDF members

In reading articles from CBS Sports, SLC Tribune, USA, Peter Thamel ESPN, Yahoo Sports.....

■ The potential deal is streaming centric. With Apple being mentioned but not confirmed.

■ Incentive escalators for increase in subscribers. Thats a good sign in negotiations of any kind. 9 schools and the streamer working together to grow the PAC 9 Brand.

■ 2 different sources (in the room with names withheld) said the meeting was very positive and went well. Future meeting soon to hopefully come to final agreement.

■ Unclear if streamer was looking to bringvin linear partners or if the PAC would pursue that option 

■ None, zero, absolutely no mention of money terms was disclosed to the media. I guess the know it all midwestern bloggers and media werent in the room   ...

This is a good step in the right direction. This is how negotiations work. Now the PAC leadership can come back with counter proposals or clarify concerns.

Having recently gone thru 7 months of negotiations on our company merger, let me share with you this fact...   

■ Every loose end detail, that the

young, inexperienced people in

the room were to ignorant or

impatient to iron out has come

back to bite us. Patience and

a second dose of patience was

needed

■ Who needs to listen to the

dinosaur(with 45 years industry

experience) in the room?

I hope there are somr dinos in the room and not a bunch or chicken ....s like CU leadership.

Consider this thought. This merger of schools (content) with streaming and linear partners is the first of its kind for college football.

If you are standing on the bridge, hypothetically, ready to bail on the PAC, give this time to play out. Its a very good sign that there was enough meat on the bone for all 9 schools to want to meet again 

GO PAC! GO DUCKS.......

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, Jemangi said:

Eventually!

How about narrowing it down to our lifetime?

On 8/1/2023 at 1:49 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Its a very good sign that there was enough meat on the bone for all 9 schools to want to meet again 

Yep.  I wish everyone would wait for the FACTS, and then judge it.  We have no idea what the linear or Tier 2 will pay yet, and this can certainly add to our revenue as can additional subscribers as Happy mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Pac-12 future remains murky as details of media deal arrive without a vote to accept terms

Pac-12 leaders were presented details, including potential payouts, of a long-awaited media rights deal Tuesday by Commissioner George Kliavkoff and concluded the meeting without voting on whether to accept the terms, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the Pac-12 was not making its internal discussion public, and gave no further details about prospective network or streaming partners nor the value.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Pac-12 leaders were presented details of a long-awaited media rights deal Tuesday by Commissioner George Kliavkoff and the...
  • Thanks 1