Charles Fischer

Where the REST of the Pac is Going...

What an epic disaster. Is GK still on the Pac payroll? If so, he should be fired on the spot. $20M a year per school to be buried in a subscription package on Apple TV? That is what you had the entire conference waiting for nearly a year to find out? Of course every team with decent market value was going to jump that sinking ship. Instead of pasting together worthless scraps of a media deal this whole time, he should have been working on bringing in as many valuable assets he could like the B12 did and then try to work an actual tv deal with some cutting edge streaming thrown in to fatten the kitty.

SD St, UNLV, Boise St, SMU and many others were there for the taking in decent media markets Instead we get snarky little quips about shopping for teams in the B12 when we're ready and how this great up coming deal was going to exceed that of the B12. Again the Pac presidents got plaid by a talker that was in way over their head.

I'd say 90% of this tragic tale was set in motion by Limo Larry and the arrogant Pac presidents but still moves could have been made, danger warnings could have been expressed instead of "all is well" BS. I really hope OSU and WSU land on their feet because they were doing the right thing and working hard as small market teams to be competitive in a P5 conference.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just remember LS, the name that will go down in infamy as destroying the PAC-12 conference. GK is also culpable, but IMO not as much as LS.

That said, I hope Oregon State and Wazzu follow the 4 corner schools at least to the BIG-12 as they are good enough to compete in that conference. Ideally, I do hope they can join us in the B1G but that seems like a stretch at least for now.

Edited by OceaniaDuck

On 8/6/2023 at 8:49 AM, OceaniaDuck said:

Just remember LS, the name that will go down in infamy as destroying the PAC-12 conference. GK is also culpable, but IMO not as much as LS.

That said, I hope Oregon State and Wazzu follow the 4 corner schools at least to the BIG-12 as they are good enough to compete in that conference. Ideally, I do hope they can join us in the B1G but that seems like a stretch at least for now.

LS definitely deserves the majority of the blame.  But GK also should take on significant blame for his alarmingly aloof attitude and inability to read the room.

• Applause 1

Could the B12 be throwing a lifeline to OSU?

WWW.ON3.COM

The Beavers and Aztecs could end up as the 17th and 18th teams in the Big 12 according to very early reports from...

• Applause 1

Joining the B12 would be great for the Beavers and take some of the heat off of Oregon.

FANSIDED.COM

College football realignment is far from over as the Big 12 sniffs around the leftover programs in the Pac-12 and Mountain West. If...

On 8/5/2023 at 6:23 PM, Wrathis said:

If I were a betting man, I’d put money on the Utes making the playoff long before we do…

Maybe not, but it seems a little irrational to leave the PAC right before the playoff expansion to 12.

Seems it would be a lot easier to get into the playoffs with the PAC as the launching point.

Back to the thread topic, What are the chances of the 4 teams that are left adding 4 more teams to keep a PAC 8 alive? The Mountain West just got a lot harder to leave.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:02 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Joining the B12 would be great for the Beavers and take some of the heat off of Oregon.

FANSIDED.COM

College football realignment is far from over as the Big 12 sniffs around the leftover programs in the Pac-12 and Mountain West. If...

"Scheer stressed the word preliminary and warned that the Beavers and Aztecs would be looking at reduced shares of Big 12 revenue if they did join up."

Didn't the Pro Rata state that G5 schools would receive a partial share but P5 schools, a full share?  Granted, I'm sure the Beavs would just love a soft place to land at this point, but a full share would certainly make for a much more comfortable crash...

On 8/7/2023 at 12:46 PM, Wrathis said:

"Scheer stressed the word preliminary and warned that the Beavers and Aztecs would be looking at reduced shares of Big 12 revenue if they did join up."

Didn't the Pro Rata state that G5 schools would receive a partial share but P5 schools, a full share?  Granted, I'm sure the Beavs would just love a soft place to land at this point, but a full share would certainly make for a much more comfortable crash...

That's what it said and I agree that OR ST is not in a position to demand a full share.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 mil from Mountain West or 15(?) mil from Big 12?  I'd take the Big 12.  Remember the PAC only needs 6 teams to be considered a conference.  They get 2 more teams for 2 years, the winner of the PAC likely gets an automatic bid to the CFP.