Steven A

Big 12 Commish's Words to Kliavkoff

Article is right here...

“But this was something that we had to do. And this was something that the board and our key stakeholders encouraged. I’m sorry that my gain is your loss,” Yormark said. “We had a very collegial conversation. George was fantastic, and I’ll be seeing him again in a couple of weeks at some industry meetings.”

Good grief...

Of course!  When you have mucked it up this badly--what else are you going to say?

Poor Pac-4...

Pac-4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Key quote here. 

"And this was something that the board and our key stakeholders encouraged." 

Those stakeholders... Was one of them Fox???

'And George, have a really nice day.'

Fox was involved no doubt but Fox and ESPN were both contractually committed to fund P5 team additions to the B12 at the full $31.7M a year share. Yormark jocked the fiddling while the Pac burns, Kliavkoff. 

How is it possible to massively screw up with the hire of Larry and then hire a guy with, like Larry, no college sports experience? If I were GK, when these bozos said, "George, get us $50M each," I'm headed back to the MGM.

George did not have the gravitas to convince the members of 'The Elite Club' to expand into the Central time zone which likely would have saved the conference and to tell the Pac-12 presidents to get a grip when it came to the evaluation of media money.  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/15/2023 at 5:03 PM, Jon Joseph said:

'And George, have a really nice day.'

Fox was involved no doubt but Fox and ESPN were both contractually committed to fund P5 team additions to the B12 at the full $31.7M a year share. Yormark jocked the fiddling while the Pac burns, Kliavkoff. 

How is it possible to massively screw up with the hire of Larry and then hire a guy with, like Larry, no college sports experience? If I were GK, when these bozos said, "George, get us $50M each," I'm headed back to the MGM.

George did not have the gravitas to convince the members of 'The Elite Club' to expand into the Central time zone which likely would have saved the conference and to tell the Pac-12 presidents to get a grip when it came to the evaluation of media money.  

Kliavkoff was handcuffed by the Presidents.  The same group who are also responsible for his hire and Larry's original hire and later anointment.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/15/2023 at 5:16 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Kliavkoff was handcuffed by the Presidents.  The same group who are also responsible for his hire and Larry's original hire and later anointment.

I think Kliavkoff was sincere in his comments throughout the negotiations, but in the end it seems clear that he got played.

• Thumbs Up 1