Pennsylvania Duck

LOOK! Bo Nix Gets 'Joey Heisman' Treatment with 12-Story Poster in New York City

Do you want to feel old for a second?

It was over two decades ago that Oregon Ducks quarterback Joey Harrington had his name, image, and likeness plastered to the side of a building in downtown New York City, kicking off his campaign for the Heisman Trophy in 2001.

The poster hung adjacent from Madison Square Garden on 7th Avenue, and remained there throughout the season.

Time is a flat circle, isn’t it?

On Tuesday, pictures started circulating online that could give Oregon fans flashbacks. According to multiple reports on the social media platform formally known as Twitter, a massive 12-story poster is going up of current Oregon QB Bo Nix, appearing to be labeled “Bodacious.”

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Bo Knows Heisman? Oregon’s QB is getting the ‘Joey Heisman’ treatment with a 12-story billboard going up in New York City.

• Cool 3
  • Applause 1
  • Like 2

I love this kind of proactive marketing that I don't believe we've seen from the Athletic Department for some time.

NICEEEE !!!

We sure weren't thinking this a year ago.

Way to go BO!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Social media reacts to Bo Nix 'BODACIOUS' billboard going up in New York City

“He’s focused. He’s having fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a dark horse for the Heisman.”

It’s been a running joke throughout the long college career for Oregon Ducks quarterback Bo Nix. After the electric start to his career as a freshman for the Auburn Tigers, Nix struggled to get back to the peak of his game until coming to Eugene a year ago and thriving under the tutelage of Kenny Dillingham.

Now, entering his final year of college ball, the hype has never been bigger for Nix. A Heisman Trophy campaign has been kicked off and his going strong early on.

To help ignite the buzz, the Ducks took a play from the old playbook and put up a massive “BODACIOUS” billboard in downtown New York City to start spreading the word about Bo. It started to go up on Tuesday and was completed on Wednesday.

As you would expect, the reaction to the billboard on social media was quite entertaining.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

“He’s focused. He’s having fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a dark horse for the Heisman.”

What a great recruiting tool for future Portal Transfer QBs to Oregon!

You will be promoted when you come to Oregon!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was some debate among the poster creators as to whether or not to leave the ‘O’ in BO in the same font as the ‘B’, or change it to the Oregon ‘O’.  Right choice. The name is about the person. The rest leaves no doubts, and that we’re behind him 100%. Nice job!

I like this! 

I suspect our brethren in Corvallis, Seattle and Trojan land are gnashing their teeth and muttering about Phil buying 'them' anything they want.

There are RUMORS that there is one going up in Dallas as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought Joey H response was awesome. He is the consumate Duck.

On 8/16/2023 at 6:25 PM, DanLduck said:

I thought Joey H response was awesome. He is the consumate Duck.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

That is so cool!

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/20/2023 at 4:27 PM, Charles Fischer said:

That is so cool!

And one in Dallas?

IMG_5514.png.c5ca8dc55c894586d4b51cbc5cbede9e.png

Even cooler!