Babyjesus615

Ducks Take A 3rd 2024 QB?

The kid has re-classified as ATH. But do we really need to burn a scholarship on a 3rd 2024 QB?

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

A three-star prospect in the class of 2024, Manumaleuna announced his commitment to the Ducks Sunday night.

This was already reported this morning on this forum.  Please read all the threads below the top few....

He is not going to be a 2024 scholarship.

Mr. FishDuck

He is not going to be a 2024 scholarship

Just saw the PWO status on another article. I remember him being recruited by Crist-no-ball and then didn't hear much about him after that. Says something that he's walking on rather than taking a scholarship offer from Miami 🤨

Edited by Babyjesus615
Reply to previous comment

Well, I figure it never hurts to have another QB, especially if one decides to walk on. I still remember the time that UO had 5 (or was it 6?) QBs go down to injury during the season.

Welcome, TC Manumaleuna.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised he chose the Ducks.  He was at the BYU game last year and said he didn't like what the Ducks students were chanting.

The reality is that modern football rosters can only support about 3 quarterbacks on scholarship. Beyond that it is difficult to relegate scholarship quarterbacks to scout team (which is really important) but it's a recipe for them to bolt to the portal. 

FISHDUCK.COM

Just how many scholarship quarterbacks can a college football roster sustain? This is the big...

So walk ons have a pretty important role to play. Which also means a team needs lots of them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/21/2023 at 3:55 PM, Tandaian said:

what the Ducks students were chanting

What A VERY FEW Duck students were chanting.

• Thumbs Up 1