SoGaDawg

Hurricane Idalia

Hi my Duck friends.  As you know I live I South GA and Idalia is tracking to go right over us.  I’m hoping it won’t be so bad, but I’m concerned about what tmw brings a bit, even though I feel comfortable that all my friends and family are adequately prepared.

Just wanted to ask you Ducks to keep all of us Dawgs, Gators, Seminoles, and the rest in your thoughts.  And if you are religious, I’m grateful for any prayers sent this way. 

I’m not overly worried, but this thing could potentially make for serious problems for many.  Thanks and also, enjoy week 1.  Go Ducks and Go Dawgs!!!

• Let’s hope! 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Bless you, my friend. Bracing for high winds and monsoon-like rain here in Aiken, SC.

Florida changed its plans to fly to Salt Lake tomorrow and flew out this afternoon instead.

Keep your head down.

• Thumbs Up 1

You are in our hearts and prayers 🫶🙏

• Thanks 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/29/2023 at 8:16 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Bless you, my friend. Bracing for high winds and monsoon-like rain here in Aiken, SC.

Florida changed its plans to fly to Salt Lake tomorrow and flew out this afternoon instead.

Keep your head down.

Bless you as well my friend.  It’s been awhile but I’ve been in Aiken for work before, I enjoyed it.  Was treated to some great food.  Hopefully Idalia weakens dramatically before it gets your way, but who knows about the rain?  You will be in my thoughts sir.

Yeah, I think the Gators flew to Dallas today to try and be ready.  Probably a smart move.  

And don’t worry, I’m keeping my head down!  We are all Hunkering Down like all good Dawgs!!! 😂🤣😂

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/29/2023 at 8:20 PM, NJDuck said:

You are in our hearts and prayers 🫶🙏

Thank you very much.  Very much appreciated 

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope you guys didn’t get too much damage. Please give an update when possible. I live in NC, so we got a lot of rain, but the wind was minimal. No real damage in my area.

On 8/29/2023 at 8:06 PM, SoGaDawg said:

Hi my Duck friends.  As you know I live I South GA and Idalia is tracking to go right over us.  I’m hoping it won’t be so bad, but I’m concerned about what tmw brings a bit, even though I feel comfortable that all my friends and family are adequately prepared.
Ars, Seminoles, and the rest in your thoughts.  And if you are religious, I’m grateful for any prayers sent this way. 

I’m not overly worried, but this thing could potentially make for serious problems for many.  Thanks and also, enjoy week 1.  Go Ducks and Go Dawgs!!!

As I was watching the news yesterday, I was thinking about you. I hope you and your family came out ok. Please let us know your status when you are able. Hoping for the best.🤞

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2023 at 10:26 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

As I was watching the news yesterday, I was thinking about you. I hope you and your family came out ok. Please let us know your status when you are able. Hoping for the best.🤞

Thanks, we are doing ok.  There is a good bit of damage around and many are going to be without power for awhile.  Most around me have no power.  I live in an home in the country and somehow only lost power for about an hour, but most were not so fortunate.  

Valdosta, GA is about 15 mins from me and they got hit very hard.  Power lines down all over, trees down, and many homes damaged.  I’ve only heard of one fatality in our area so far.  A person was in a car when a tree fell on it.  

It isn’t a good situation, myself and immediate family are very fortunate.  We have power and have enough resources stocked up to be comfortable.  We have some family staying with us and are offering our what we can to friends and neighbors in need.  Mostly, a place to get out of the heat, water, place to shower and such. 

Edited by SoGaDawg
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 4

All the best to you and yours SoGaDawg.

• Thanks 1

I want to thank all of my Duck friends for your thoughts and prayers.  We were fortunate, it could have been much worse.  We will all be uncomfortable for a week or so, but this could have went much worse.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/31/2023 at 1:08 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I want to thank all of my Duck friends for your thoughts and prayers.  We were fortunate, it could have been much worse.  We will all be uncomfortable for a week or so, but this could have went much worse.

Hope you have a way to watch your Dawgs this weekend. Glad you made it through. Good luck with clean up. 

• Thanks 1

Glad it wasn’t what it might have been for you and your community. Recovery is never easy, but that’s what holds us together. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 5:02 PM, Log Haulin said:

Hope you have a way to watch your Dawgs this weekend. Glad you made it through. Good luck with clean up. 

Thanks very much.  Oh yeah, my family and I are getting ready to watch FL & Utah right now.  Well I am, most of the rest could care less🤣.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad you get to settle back into a nice routine after such a scary storm. I'm tuning into the Utah game too. They are a Class Act.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2023 at 6:15 PM, Washington Waddler said:

Glad it wasn’t what it might have been for you and your community. Recovery is never easy, but that’s what holds us together. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks, and you’re absolutely right.  It does bring the community closer together.  Everyone just gets together and helps out.  It really does show the best side of humanity.  Humans are capable of some terrible things, but things like this is a great example that most of us are decent caring people.  

• Applause 1

On 8/31/2023 at 7:46 PM, CountryProf said:

I'm glad you get to settle back into a nice routine after such a scary storm. I'm tuning into the Utah game too. They are a Class Act.

I agree,  Kyle Whittingham is a very good coach and has built a classy program.  I’m pulling for the Utes.  Although, I think many are over looking the Gators.  Time will tell.  I’m excited to have CFB back though. 

Go Utes!!!