Mic

Our Favorite Team to Root Against?

Here's one reason why I strictly avoid betting real money on CFB games, (esp if hoping to get tips from betting agencies).

Odds Shark is actually picking Miami-Ohio over Miami (in Hard Rock stadium, no less) despite a betting line of -16.5 favoring the Hurricanes.  (They're also picking Hawaii to beat Stanford !!)

Now, I certainly hope OS is right - but I seriously doubt it.  Even if Idalia makes a U-turn and comes back to Florida.  But, let's say they're right and Mario's team stumbles against Miami-OH.  How long do you think he'd last in 2023?  Go Redhawks!  lol

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

New career path for Mariø in the near future

image.png.3e5e2ab0e3e6703e54ae0a20fd178c06.png

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

On 9/1/2023 at 11:19 AM, Log Haulin said:

New career path for Mariø in the near future

All his cars would be loaded with great features and options. Only problem? They only go in reverse.

Edited by Washington Waddler
spelling
  • Yikes! 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/1/2023 at 12:17 PM, Mic said:

Here's one reason why I strictly avoid betting real money on CFB games, (esp if hoping to get tips from betting agencies).

Odds Shark is actually picking Miami-Ohio over Miami (in Hard Rock stadium, no less) despite a betting line of -16.5 favoring the Hurricanes.  (They're also picking Hawaii to beat Stanford !!)

Now, I certainly hope OS is right - but I seriously doubt it.  Even if Idalia makes a U-turn and comes back to Florida.  But, let's say they're right and Mario's team stumbles against Miami-OH.  How long do you think he'd last in 2023?  Go Redhawks!  lol

The Cradle of Coaches, Miami-Ohio.

Want to make money Mic? Just do the opposite of what I recommend. I'm now in a 1-2 hole so it isn't looking good for the Playoff.

• Haha 1

Favorite team to root against come 2024. I'm torn between risking my neck and cheering against Rutgers and the Sopranos or being a hazing hater and cheering against Northwestern. As an 'Animal House guy', it's tough for me to root against spraying beer in the pledges' faces. 

HELP!

For me, it's definitely Miami - I haven't been a fan of theirs since before I was born.  Mario ditching us for them didn't improve things.  It's not that I wish him ill - it's just that I hope they (and he) continue to struggle and slide downhill until the ACC decides to replace them with Montana.

Miami isn't even in the top 5 of teams to root against for me. But, I'll cheer for Miami-Ohio if that is what my one of my fellow Duck fans wants me to do!

Not going to win many games kicking field goals coach

Top teams for me to root against... This year anyways... 

1. USC 

2. Washington

3. Ohio State 

4. Miami - train wreck is too much fun. 

5. Alabama - I respect Saban, so is more about loving to see the Empire crumble. 

6. Notre Dame - something about a blue blood getting beat is so satisfying.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/1/2023 at 6:26 PM, David Marsh said:

Top teams for me to root against... This year anyways... 

I think if you did a poll of Duck fans you'd find this list of 5 on just about everyone's list.

My beef against Notre Dame is that NO team in the CFB (that wants to be eligible for the Playoffs) should be allowed to remain Independent and cherry pick their own schedule.  No one.  Play in a Conference like everyone else and try to win one like everyone else.

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fuskies -The rules of this fine site do not allow me to post my true feelings.

USC 

Alabama

• Applause 1

On 9/1/2023 at 5:09 PM, DUCati855 said:

Miami isn't even in the top 5 of teams to root against for me. But, I'll cheer for Miami-Ohio if that is what my one of my fellow Duck fans wants me to do!

The Miami O actually had a heartbeat last night. But wait until the Big MAC and not the Little MAC teams show up.

On 9/1/2023 at 3:06 PM, Mic said:

For me, it's definitely Miami - I haven't been a fan of theirs since before I was born.  Mario ditching us for them didn't improve things.  It's not that I wish him ill - it's just that I hope they (and he) continue to struggle and slide downhill until the ACC decides to replace them with Montana.

It's tough to shake off being wounded in the womb.

Mario leaving was a better ditch for the Ducks than Sully landing in the East River.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1